BS/DMD Apps 2020-21

Anyone else applying to VCU 8 yr program? If so, did you hear about the interview?

Anyone applying to cwru 7yr ppsp program, decisions come out today at 12 pm EST. Hope we all get good news!

hehe got rejected from ppsp :))
I was accepted to UoP 3+3 though~~ which is probably my top option atm.

Oof, but congrats for UoP 3+3!!

My son has not heard from UOP. Would you please let us know when did you hear from UOP, predental program? By mail or email? Thank you! Congrats to all!

Hi!
I received an email saying there was an update to my portal about a week ago.
Iā€™m in a group chat of applicants and many have noted that they havenā€™t received decisions yet either, so I wouldnā€™t worry about it!
Good luck to your son!

1 Like

thank you!!
wishing the best for you as well!

1 Like

Thank you so much, TheRose21.

1 Like

May I ask have you received the decision from UOP predental program yet?

I havenā€™t yet. I emailed my admission counselor about it last week, and he told me that they are still not done processing all the applicants. He stated in the email that we should hear something back in 2-3 weeks!

Thanks a lot for the information!
Wishing you the best as well!

2 Likes

Interesting. I got waitlisted by UDM! I wonder how many they accepted this year.

1 Like

I would like to ask the same question as above if you donā€™t mind.
Assuming there are no other choices, which school do you prefer?
UOP or UDM ?
Why?
Thank you in advance for sharing your insight.

Hi!
Well, I got waitlisted by UDM, so that knocks that choice off my list.
But, at the end of the day, I will always prefer UoP because Iā€™m very familiar with the program (have interacted with a fair amount of 2+3s and 3+3s) and have toured + done pre-dental events at Dugoni.
Whatā€™s interesting is that Iā€™m fortunate to have insight into both programs. One orthodontist I shadowed did UoPā€™s 3+3 and absolutely loved it. She got her bachelorā€™s in 2.5 years, then studied abroad for the last semester, which is exactly what I would like to do!
The general dentist I currently shadow did UDMā€™s 2+4 (back when it was 2+4) and doesnā€™t regret it either. He does mention that you have to make the sacrifice of living in Detroit, which isnā€™t an ideal location for most people.
So, at the end of the day, I honestly just feel like Iā€™d be happier in California than Detroit. This is why UoP > UDM for me, personally.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you very much. It will greatly help me to decide among schools.
BTW, when someone finishes a bachelorā€™s in 2.5 years at UOP, then does that mean the cost of attendance will be half a year less? UOP carries by far the highest cost of attendance among schools even after considering a shorter length of the program.

Furthermore, I heard UOP provide not so generous merit scholarship. Have you got a good merit scholarship?

Anyone here applying to VCU dental program, do you know when they will release decisions from interviews?

Never mind, I just got in!

1 Like

Also, anyone applied to UConn? When do you find out about the special program decisions?

Hello, My child applied to Augusta, UPenn and NS. Has anyone heard from either ones ? Do we know how many students are selected for their accel dental programs (7/8 yr.)?