BS/MD Results - Class of 2019

@GoldenRock There really isn’t a deep reason for not applying to those schools. I only applied to the programs that had a good number of seats and I didn’t think I would get into programs like R/B or B/B. Some schools, in particular, had requirements like subject test scores which I either didn’t take or didn’t score well enough in.

would love to talk to you! tried to pm you but it did not work. if possible, could you try pm me?

MODERATOR’S NOTE:
This is a results only thread. General questions should be posted on the following thread:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2143599-official-thread-for-2020-bsmd-applicants.html#latest

@RedRocketz congrats !!
Quick question - I understand that one of the criteria Texas A&M PPC is students from rural or medically underserved areas. In your experience was this a mandatory criteria ? Thanks

Hello,
Will anybody be able to shed some light on the SUNY upstate medical university college of medicine guaranteed entry program with SUNY Purchase and SUNY Albany? Are these valid programs? Because I never have come across these names mentioned in this forum ever. That being said, I’m relatively new here.
Just wondering whether these institutions are like other BSMD programs like SUNY downstate Brooklyn and CUNY Sophie Davis etc.
Thank you all in advance

@zsxBSMD2019 Thank you for the details regarding the union program. It’s very helpful. My son is planning to apply for 2020 BS/Md to union. If any questions can we check with you?

@whitecane Thank you for posting the details & encouragement to the next batch who are planning to apply to BS/MD. Can we chat offline?

@ghytu12

I don’t think both the people you addressed above may not be active any more on this thread and reading your posts. Once you crossed 15 posts on college confidential you will have the option to private message them enabled (if you read this forum on your cell phone, make sure you choose the desktop view option for you to see the message option enabled under your user profile). You can then send them private messages and hopefully they will respond.

@helperdad @Herefortwo

General questions should be posted on the following thread:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2143599-official-thread-for-2020-bsmd-applicants.html#latest

Hello! When do PMM Penn State/Jeff decisions come out for interviews?

@17rose

I have provided that info on the 2020 discussion thread.
Please use that thread for questions as the RESULTS thread is meant for capturing only RESULTS+PERSPECTIVES.

When did you receive the interview call from ANM?

When can my daughter expect the interview call?

@sajju786 - sorry for a late message. I was going over the results. Can you please let me know if there is a reason why your son picked BU Med over B2B? we are just starting. My Daughter will start applying in Fall 2021. Thanks so much in advance.

@liketobeed

I see you don’t have enough posts to private message anyone (minimum 15).

I think sajju786 may not be active to answer your question now but answered similar question from someone in 2019 main thread around April to May time frame.

If I remember correctly, BU was his Son’s choice mostly due to manageable requirements on GPA and MCAT score at BU. His son was a NMF too.

And I think valedictorian of his high school too! :slight_smile: GPA and MCAT manageability should not be any where on the radars for students of such caliber.

Better to refer to that post on the main thread corresponding to the same time frame as the posting on this results thread.

Thank you @rk2017 and @grtd2010

Thank you to everyone on this forum, being a first timer posting in this forum for my S, I hope I can get some advice and help from everyone here has been extremely useful. In the below text I refer to my S.

Question: After reading several postings here in this BS/MD forum and looking at BS/MD results posted here in the past, I thought I better apply to additional BS/MD programs to cast a bit wider net. Being CA resident, I am OOS for almost all colleges located outside CA. Please suggest 2-3 additional BS/MD programs that are good ones and still accepting applications. Appreciated. Hope it’s not too late in the game.

GPA: 3.95 UW, 4.45 W

SAT: 1570

ACT: not taken

Math 2: 800

Chemistry: 790

Biology - Molecular: 800

AP’s: 12 to date.

Teacher / Counselor Recommendations: 3, hopefully they’re good!

State: CA

Income: >180k

Medical ECs:

Published 4 Research Papers to date.

Shadowing in doctors/physicians : 100+ hours.

Volunteered at a local hospital since 10th grade : 70+ hours.

Other Volunteers hours for various organizations: 500+ hrs to date

Relevant Awards/Honors:

Received Regional/national-level Brain Bee awards

Received few other community service awards

Applied to the following BS/MD Programs:

Baylor - Accepted undergrad with Presidential Scholarship; Rejected for BS/MD.

CNU - Accepted BS/MD.

CWRU - No decision on interview yet.

BU - No decision on interview yet.

Hofstra - No decision on interview yet.

U of Rochester REMS - No decision on interview yet.

Applying to the following BS/MD Programs:

Brown

???

???

???

Applied to following UG programs:

U of Chicago: Deferred to Regular Admission/Early Decision 2.

Duke: No decision on interview yet.

Vanderbilt: No decision on interview yet.

UCs (6 of them): Application is being reviewed.

USC: Application is being reviewed.

U of San Diego (Private): Application is being reviewed.

U of Nevada - Reno: Accepted.

Applying to following UG programs:

Stanford

John Hopkins

U of the Pacific (private)

U of San Francisco (private)

Decision: Don’t know yet! Maybe in March/April I will know.

Thanks in advance for responding to my question on additional BS/MD programs I can apply.