Cal Poly MCA CA resident through Charter, non A-G courses

I have been researching and cannot find an answer. Does anyone know re: calculating MCA, can you only count A-G courses? We did schooling through public charter but utilized many online rigorous classes vs the ones that our charter offered that were A-G. All courses are being validated by DE courses and AP courses Junior and Senior year.

However. I am not sure when it comes to MCA, would a student who took Algebra through PreCalculus non A-G followed by AP Calculus BC still get max math points. Likewise for Science. Science every year but first two non A-G, followed by DE Physics and DE Biology. Does that count as 2 or 4 years of Science? Thank you for any insight.

You are saying that some of the classes taken are not a-g courses? Did you check this website to confirm since CSU’s will not consider grades for non a-g courses in their CSU GPA or course requirements. The MCA calculation will be affected since the grades in non a-g courses will not be used to calculate the SLO GPA.

https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/guide/

His charter wont award A-G because the courses are from providers that are out of state and dont attempt to be A-G approved. His gpa is actually good because his GPA is only based on his A-G courses that are DE or AP courses. All courses for Freshman year and Sophomore year with the exception of AP Computer Science are not considered A-G (although not that they care but what he took was extremely more rigorous than the A-G’s our charter offered). His Junior and Senior year are 75% DE and AP and 25% non A-G.

His counselor is saying only the A-G will be considered for GPA for CSU. I’m more wondering about MCA extra points with regards to the points for how many years of math, science, etc. She is saying she knows nothing of MCA and the points for categories that aren’t just GPA or test scores.

I would contact SLO admissions and ask if the non a-g courses will be considered for the MCA rigor points. I am not admissions officer but not meeting the minimum 15 a-g course requirements would be a reason for a rejection. SLO admissions should have some experience on this subject.

I’ll contact them. They accept validation for the required 15 A-G courses through his AP English, Calculus, and his DE courses. I have that confirmed, but thank you for the other suggestion. That is a good way to word it. Re: rigor points. I was struggling with where to find the info and even the wording to use to ask. Thank you, that helps give me a specific question to ask.

I would just say you’ve read that rigor is important to CP and you are curious what, if any the impact will be. Other posters have said that they are coy about discussing the MCA specifically.

Yes, good wording too. I guess that’s likely why it’s hard to find answers as it doesn’t appear they are open about the MCA. Thank you.