Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2050866-cal-poly-class-of-2022-thread-p40.html
The first person to post an out of state acceptance last year did so around 9:00 p.m. A few people received acceptances early in February that year but it was likely some notable decisions that they were eager to complete. That was on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, and considering colleges have a routine to post at about the same time each year, we could hear some out of state acceptances tonight, and maybe tomorrow during the day and evening some in state acceptances. Obviously, that same Wednesday is a day earlier this year

UC Santa Cruz just admitted some high stats folks this afternoon (My D included), so Iā€™m thinking itā€™s about time for SLO (her 1st choice)!!

Is anyone else checking this page every 2 minutes hoping for the first OOS acceptance posting? Lol

@kdenver4 Yes!

Maybe I will hear tonight because last year a handful of in-state acceptances were mixed in the day the out of state acceptances first began to roll out.

I will have my daughter check when she gets home (OOS). She hates checking portals so hopefully she will do it!

@JBSeattle I just realized we were in the USD group now we are both here!! ? Good Luck to your D!!! What a roller coaster!

I will stay on here as long as I can maybe until about 9 pm, and then I have some work to do, but maybe I can check at about 9:30 - 9:45, and again before bed, but donā€™t expect me to be on here too late because I have school tomorrow, and I havenā€™t slept that great because my school operates on alternating trimester system and I am dealing with stuff not to mention all these schools which are going to release applications around the same time.

Yes @CaliMck15 !
I am not too optimistic and Cal Poly is a bit pricey for us OOS but will give my daughter something to think about if she gets in!

@JBSeattle @CaliMck15 I was on the USD thread too! Unfortunately after financial aid it just wasnā€™t reasonable, so now Iā€™m excited to be here. Best of luck to your students!

Cal Poly SLO does imply they are holistic on their admissions requirements page stating that they look for other things besides academics. You need to have a solid GPA obviously, but if test scores arenā€™t your strength, then you can prove yourself in the category of awards, job experience, and extracurricular activities. Cal states typically do not make you write an essay unless you are applying to a very specific and competitive major or want to be in their honors program, so you do not have the cushioning that comes with a strong essay. You should preferably hope that you have higher scores because unless you are a standout applicant, they are very selective and have a 31% acceptance rate on par with even UC Santa Babara, San Diego, and Irvine in terms of selectivity which all have an acceptance rate within the 30% and are quite selective like Cal Poly SLO, unheard of for a school within the Cal State system.

@sammycp @JBSeattle my oldest daughter loves it at Cal Poly and is sad that in June it will all be over. Her 3 roommates her first year were all OOS! Good luck to everyone!

It is too quiet. I am losing hope that it will be tonight and if it is it would be late at night. I am hoping for tomorrow during the day. I hope I donā€™t have to wait until Friday because this anticipation is growing.

@GhidottiDad Congrats to your D on UCSC! Iā€™ve been watching that too, but nothing for my D yet. Itā€™s weird because her stats are higher than those accepted. Weā€™ll seeā€¦ Waiting on Cal Poly too!

I secretly hope that CalPoly, UIUC, and UW Seattle all release on march 1st. That would be awesome!

I am mad because I thought they sent me an email that my portal was updated or that I got in, but is from cal poly pomona asking for me to fill out a housing form and send payment. False alarm. I am nervous to check my portal because I will either be rejected or nothing will have changed. I need to shower, and hope that in a bit, somebody has an update. I can try calling admissions but I think their houses are until 5 pm, unless there is somebody working late hours that can answer the phone.

@w00pw00p Do you actually think UW Seattle will release 3/1 or just hoping? I thought I saw somewhere it would probably be the second week of March, but Friday would be better, right? :slight_smile:

No determination has been made. I have been on here since this afternoon. I have stuff I need to do, but I can check back in a bit.

@collegemom111111 probably not, itā€™s usually march 10+, but I would love for it to be the 1st :slight_smile:

@skcyking72 - take a deep breath, youā€™re going to be alright. Best of luck to you!