Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

ugh i have a low 4200 MCA score ad applied for commuications…im def not getting in :frowning:

do you think theyll release more decisions tonight for other colleges or is it too late

The slow trickle of releases just pains me. My thumb hurts from refreshing my portal. I hope admissions doesn’t track how many times I have logged in today or they will think I am nuts.

@soccergirl2412 Yes! They will likely keep going tonight. They have in the past. Watch for College specific blocks.

Maybe some decisions for architecture and more decisions for engineering. Liberal arts would follow, and maybe business/economics would be last because it is the most selective so they want build up anticipation for the few spots that they have to offer there.

@soccergirl2412 If you look at previous years threads you will see that people got acceptances late into the evening…I’m sure they have automated them in some way…

through email or portal first?

ACCEPTED!!! OH MY GOD IM SO SURPRISED

@cy2019 portal

@uwlover267

Do not lose hope! My son1 was accepted to his alternate major( Anthropology) with 4150 (could be lower as I am not sure about his freshman GPA) two years ago and son2 got waitlisted for Econ ( business school) with 4260 and got accepted off the waitlist last year.

@cupcakequeen99 Yay congratulations!! What major did you apply for?

@cupcakequeen99, please post to the Final Status thread. It will help future applicants. Thanks!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-2019-final-status-p3.html

I applied for physics and haven’t received a decision yet.

Daughter’s friend just got accepted for Liberal Arts.

@sammycp statistics! :slight_smile:

psych major–haven’t heard anything yet

are any declines coming out? do only acceptances typically come out first?

Applied for physics and haven’t heard back yet. MCA is ~4500, I’m in state. Do I have a decent chance or if I haven’t heard back yet is it unlikely?

@hfa616: Rejections are usually posted last after all the acceptances and waitlisted applicants are notified.

What about environmental science with an MCA of 4700?