Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

What are the exact mechanics with the request? Does SLO request directly from HS and student does nothing? I can’t imagine the info is sent directly from HS student to SLO?

Otherwise the request appears typical of any year, I’d think.

She said to ask registrar to send mid year grades to SLO. They should be familiar with the process. My son usually goes through his counselor so that’s where we will start.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure this out. My sons portal clearly states that he only needs to apply to Honors and send his final transcript. I want to make sure that I’m not missing something.

Is your son in a California public high school? I’m wondering if that might be the difference?

According to cal poly admissions. Accepted students only need to maintain a 3.0 Gpa and receive no grades lower than a C to remain eligible. Even C- ok since they don’t use pluses or minuses (although I would avoid sharing that with my kid at least!):grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes. California public hs

How many items are in the to do list? I think my son has 5. Registering SIR, final transcript, current hs transcript and a few others. I suggest going into your sons to do list and clicking on each item separately. It would be interesting to see if he doesn’t have the current high school transcript submission. I wonder if others are in the same boat.

Maybe it’s because my S has already accepted his spot. He only has 2 items. Honors and the final transcript.

The difference must be his acceptance and that your son is still deciding.

Maybe. It’s strange though

Mine have not accepted yet they have only have final transcript and honors app.

So the mid year report is only for some students and not others? That doesn’t seem right to me.

Maybe they are rolling out the portal additions?

1 Like

Possibly. Admissions made it sound to me like that was normal for all accepted students

My D attends a CA public with the same two items. We’ll do whatever they need us to do. I told my D to inform her counselor that she’s been admitted to SLO and that she has accepted the offer. And tell the counselor what SLO needs. I’m sure they’ve handled this same request(s) a million times before.

2 Likes

Slow news week on this thread. Thought we might hear/see a few decisions.

Yes I wished the same thing…

1 Like

Looks like a large batch of transfer decisions came out today, mostly waitlists. I honestly can’t believe there are folks still waiting on decisions from CP.

2 Likes

Sorry for the question - but what is SIR? I can’t seem to figure out that abbreviation. Thanks

It was a tough choice but S21 turned down Cal Poly today, I would’ve loved him to go but it’s his choice! We’re down to deciding Georgia Tech and UCSD.
Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Statement of Intent to Register or accepting their offer of admission.

1 Like

Just declined my spot at CPSLO for the Class of 2025. It’s strange, CPSLO was the first of many selective schools I got into, and it’s definitely the school I had the most emotional reaction to. Instead, I’ll most likely head to Pitzer and I hope my decision opens up a spot on the waitlist for a hopeful Musang to attend such an amazing insititution. Good luck everyone, no matter what happens!

10 Likes