Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Is it for all high schools or just that school?

Itā€™s in the ā€œto do listā€ in your portal under student center. Asked for current transcripts for high school and dual enrollmentā€¦ and then final transcript once school is over.

My sonsā€™ portals just ask for final transcript under to do list.

1 Like

When son committed it changed the request asking for current transcripts.

1 Like

My D sent me a screen shot and the ā€œTo Doā€ items are a) honors application and b) high school transcript. The status indicates ā€œinitiated.ā€ Does anyone have that to do list in their portal or are we missing something?

Same for both of my kids.

1 Like

Not that it matters in the big scheme of things, but Cal Poly is looking for a final transcript which is typical of any college where an accepted applicant will attend in the Fall?

I think so.

This is off topic but we were scrambling last summer because of the Men B vaccination that was required. For those who have SIRed or are planning to, I would check out what vaccinations are required.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what my S has too.

Well, Iā€™ll be the first suggest to seniors who have been accepted and who are waitlisted, at any school, to keep the ā€œpedal to the metalā€ with their grades and donā€™t let senioritis get in the way of your attending your college of choice.

I keep telling my D about the threads here on CC EVERY year about seniors posting and asking ā€œWill my admission be rescinded to XYZ college, if (insert bad circumstance)ā€¦ā€

1 Like

Well, I hope that they donā€™t consider 2 Bs in AP classes in fall semester to go against their, ā€œMaintain the academic standard that allowed for your admission.ā€ when you had never gotten less than an A. Remote instruction is definitely a work in progress.

2 Likes

Ha! I sincerely doubt it, especially in this year of remote instruction.

The terms and conditions of acceptance said to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0. I canā€™t remember any specific mention of Dā€™s and Fā€™s, but those would surely be VERY bad. Otherwise, I wouldnā€™t worry about it.

1 Like

I feel connected to the you all in a strange way. We all seem to have similar worries.

I have to admit to flipping a little last night when there was a post about current grades needing to be reported. I checked powerschool and S is still doing great. First time Iā€™ve looked at his grades in months and I was definitely sweating until I saw them.

I need a vacation. :desert_island:

1 Like

S21 is in his dreaded VAPA ceramics class right now (not remotely artistic). Heā€™s converted the ping pong table in our garage to a clay nightmare and he has to FILM himself working. :roll_eyes: he is so over it.

He has to miss periodically for tennis, which has resumed here, and we said donā€™t worry about making up every class. Do enough to not get rescinded. LOL.

2 Likes

Show them this thread, its been around since 2010 and almost 2,000 posts laterā€¦

Is any reason to send official SAT scores this year? We just sent AP scores for class placement and I told S not to bother with SAT score. Now Iā€™m doubting myself.

As I mentioned above, I think, Cal Poly will use your SAT or ACT score for placement purposes, once admitted.

1 Like

From the CSU website: If you are accepted to a CSU campus ACT or SAT test scores will be used as one of the measures to place you in the proper mathematics and English courses. You can visit the CSU Student Success site for further information on course placement.

2 Likes

Son has the to do list too. I called admissions. They want u to send in mid year report so they can make sure Gpa was at 3.0 or better for 1st semester. They want to check your classes 2nd semester if they have changed. And finally, They also will check all your stated grades from 4 years to see if they match up. Offer is conditional on those things. That plus the final report due in July. I was told he should submit ASAP. Donā€™t need to wait for SIR. Also, unlike most schools no deposit is due until housing is due. This makes it nice. Not like UCs

2 Likes