Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Nope! Only schools with strong ARCH programs. Haven’t seen many admits in this thread.

I was waitlisted at the beginning of March.

I’m waiting on UCSD, UCB, UCLA, and USC. I’m sure many of the admitted students feel the same way. I doubt I’ll get into any of them so in the end it’s between SLO and Davis:D

1 Like

Cal Poly just snuck in a rejection while we were all busy checking UCSD and UCLA.

Rejected sometime in the last hour or so

1 Like

so final decisions are out?

:slightly_frowning_face:

On last years thread it looked like they released transfer decisions just before another small wave of freshman decisions. For what it’s worth it looks like there were a few acceptances as late as March 27th

OMG! They did in last 20 mins…Rejected

Yup! Same here for S21. I find that method by the SLO Admissions office to be quite upsetting and not at all a way to handle what is a very stressful time for students. They could have released this a week ago and spared many already stressed out kids a lot of anguish.
I know everyone here who was accepted, waitlisted, or received the “we regret to inform you” notice are amazing, hardworking young adults and you will thrive wherever you land.

9 Likes

Anyone get off the waitlist?

Oh no! It could be three rejections in one day for my son. He’s not home. I’m waiting to hear from him. Thankfully he’s with friends planning for a fun night.

4 Likes

S got the rejection. 0-2 in CA, so time to take his talents out of state. Probably wouldn’t have ended up in state anyway, but it’s still a crazy year.

1 Like

Waitlist admits will probably not happen until closer to the May 1 SIR date. Still 1 UC and other top schools that have not posted decisions. Once all the decisions are out, then students will start declining their acceptance at SLO to open up spots.

1 Like

I agree, not a good look on SLO’s part. I feel for these kids.

2 Likes

It just seems cruel.

They have been admitting kids the same way for years. Yet every year it gets more and more competitive. Don’t think it is gonna hurt them.

We got GREAT news. Rejected from SLO and UCLA for CS, but admitted to UCSD Mathematics and CS major!!! Take THAT SLO! (And then SLO says, enjoy paying the UC price. And we say back, frick you, SLO.)

Edit: admitted to UCR today too!!!

23 Likes

I work in Communications and timing is everything. With everything that’s gone on this year, the Friday-of-UC-acceptances to issue rejections just seems like a decision that wasn’t totally thought through. Will they take a reputational hit? probably not. My heart just goes out to the kids who have been waiting and are likely getting mixed news at best already today (my kid was accepted to SLO).

5 Likes

Congrats. That is such a competitive major. Happy for you!

1 Like

Happy to see this, congratulations!

1 Like