Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Congratulations!!! What great news!!! Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Rejected from SLO and UCLA, but got in to UCD Aerospace Engineering with Regents! Today was a rollercoaster. Congrats to all that got in.

8 Likes

S21 rejected for Bus. He was accepted to his first choice, SCU anyway, but kind of surprised here. No worries but disappointed for all of the other kids who were counting on SLO. I find their way of doing things over these past few weeks disheartening, to say the least!
Good luck to all. You will land where you are supposed to!

4 Likes

Rejected for CS. GC had this one wrong. Congrats to all who made it!

Congrats! Good to hear.

Such a weird year - daughter rejected from SLO just as she was receiving her acceptance to UCLA. I figured SLO was a no since we hadnā€™t heard anything. Sheā€™s fine with not being accepted, SLO was not top of her list. Colleges really choose so differently especially this year. My daughter was invited to apply for Regents at UCLA, accepted to UCSB and accepted to two other schools with very generous 4 year merit scholarships. Congratulations to all who were accepted. We love CPSLO. My son is a 4th year Math major there and has really enjoyed his time there.

6 Likes

She will love UCLA. My daughter is a 3rd year and couldnā€™t be happier.

Yes, weird year. Very unpredictable. Congrats on UCLA!

Got rejected from CP SLO, but got into UCLA. Go Figure

6 Likes

That does seem a little nutty. I think SLO apps were only up like 4% too.

To the waitlisted applicants, Iā€™ll be vacating my spot after I just found out UC Davis is number 18 in the nation for bio. Frick you slo for making people wait two weeks to get rejected

6 Likes

Donā€™t take those rankings too much to heart. Student outcome reports that show salaries, employers, and grad admissions give a much better picture of your life after college than a simple ranking.

Davis is a great school with great programs. Itā€™s just in a very boring place thatā€™s a minimum hour drive isolated from things to do.

Congratulations!!!

Sonā€™s status hasnā€™t changed. Applied for CS major, so weā€™re expecting a rejection but Iā€™m just confused why SLO hasnā€™t rejected him yet Lol :blush:
Anyone else for CS major also still pending status?

Edited: He just checked again now, rejected as expected.

Boring is in the eye of the beholder. My older son loved his time at UCD and there plenty of things to do in and around the area. Skiing in Tahoe, Wine and Brewery tastings, hiking etcā€¦

8 Likes

A lot of those things are a little ways away though, hence why I said Davis is boring but you can go farther for fun things. I live pretty close to Davis and have visited quite a bit for friends that go there. Thereā€™s lots of fun things in the area around it, but itā€™s all a minimum 1hr drive to get to. To people who want things closer and donā€™t want the hassle of driving, itā€™s definitely something to consider.

Close to whitewater rafting at the American River too.

2 Likes

Congrats on being accepted into UCLA. What is her major, and if you donā€™t mind could you share stats?

Congratulations!

Yup we got the random Friday night rejection too. Oh well. Beet of luck everyone.

3 Likes