Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

coming from the transfer forum, I was wondering if any freshman have been awarded cp scholar and if so how long after being accepted were you notified? Also were you notified with an email separate from the email regarding your finalized financial aid reward

Is it still a big commuter school?

I learned from people on this forum that the common data set states that 38% lived in student housing at SDSU in 2020.

Cp slo is on oar with ucla. Dont get it wisted.

BioPsych/Brain Science

Thank you so much!

I saw that too. What does that even mean??

I agree completely! My daughter only got into one UC: UC Riverside. She got rejected from UCLA, UCI, USD and UCSB. She got waitlisted at UCSD and Calpoly. Now we are considering her options that she has been accepted at, and waiting for some OOS decisions to come in. She was upset but I was the one hiding the fact that I was crying. Not because of the school but because of this horrible process in a really awful year. So, I get it and best of luck to your son!

1 Like

I agree with you. However, the college counselors aren’t much better at private school, at least in my daughter’s case. She was counseled from freshman year (as it should be for a college prep school) but the counselors are so swayed by which new “alliance” the area universities have made with other western states that they don’t give a crap about what the student wants, and instead touts whatever school is new in the alliance or hasn’t been promoted before. For example, my daughter’s counselor told her to not bother applying to any UC’s or to Calpoly and to focus on small schools in eastern Washington State and that she really should consider applying to Northern Arizona University (for brain science) - now, NAU is great and beautiful, as I am sure all the smaller schools in Eastern Washington, but I feel this is blatant BS. She didn’t bother taking even a moment of time to look at my daughter’s grades, her desired course of study or her EC’s. It’s a mess.

I was going to ask the same question! Thank you for the info, all! And best of luck to all your sons and daughters and may they be blessed to go where they are all meant to go! <3

1 Like

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you mean acceptances off the waitlist or in RD? Thanks!

Not at all
actually it was both RD decisions and a few came off the waitlist as well. March 27th last year.

I’d love to know. Are they ranking the waitlisted kids or not?

Terrible. Yall shouldve appled to csus. Uc river is terrible. Not saying that shes above it; but she can do better. :frowning: i hope you guys pick wisely.

UC Riverside is not a terrible school. It is one of the fastest-growing universities in the US. It gets a really bad rep for no reason

4 Likes

U guys couldve tagged davis or sb for fall

UCR is a great school! It has amazing resources to help students succeed. Also UCR was also very selective with admissions. You should be proud!

Im a first year I dont think you can tag schools

2 Likes

Could it be that the counselor knows UCs too well that’s why she told your daughter not to bother to apply? I feel like I would have told my D not to apply any UCs had I known it was going to be so awful like this.

1 Like

@Seabass927 three years ago our daughter was the only one from her high school to attend Cal Poly SLO. She was a little nervous about that but she ended up making friends in her dorm building and from her classes. Three of them from the dorm ended up rooming together 2nd year and they expanded their group of roommates to include friends from classes to live in a house off-campus this year. They are all from various majors and are great friends. If Cal Poly is where your son wants to be they can bond and make friends quickly especially with WOW orientation. I just wanted to offer some encouragement that it can work out to start college without your high school friends. SLO is a great school and even with this distanced learning our daughter attended CP virtual job fairs and landed a great paid internship this summer. Good luck to your son!

2 Likes