Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

It’s going to be at the end of this month. I bet!

@Goolia66 sweet, thanks!

Update: freshman are now being placed on the waitlist according to their thread

Things are very different this year??

@CentralCoaster maybe it’s because they have more applicants this year? Who knows. Hopefully we find out by the end of the week.

I know there are about 2,000 more applicants this year, but do we know if they are all transfer, all freshman, or 2,000 from both?

There are 2000 more transfer applicants this year which is a 30% increase from last year. Last year there were around 8000 transfer applicants and this year there are around 10.000.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/education/article190099069.html
And

https://calpolynews.calpoly.edu/news_releases/2017/december/applications

@sjd890 2000 more transfer applicants than last year. 6000 more freshmen.

if freshman got their waitlists today, is there a good chance we get decisions maybe tomorrow or thursday?

@Nas22334324 Thank you!! and @alexj31 I read on the freshman thread that they sent out freshmen acceptances last week, then 2-3 days after they sent out waitlists, and will send out rejects in 2-3 days. So we will (hopefully) hear back 2-3 days from after the rejects, so hopefully Monday or some time early next week

:frowning: Please release them poly

@polywoly mine is still saying no determination

Liessssss! @polywoly

@polywoly what’s your major?? I’m a psych major and mine’s not out

No determination for mine either, I’m bus- finance 3.63GPA AD-T completed

Has anyone called them and asked when they will release them?

A CP friend of mine went into admissions yesterday and asked about transfer application statuses. The lady did not directly say when they would officially be released but implied that transfer decisions would not be out until EARLIEST the end of this week. That being said, I assume decisions will most likely come out sometime next week… Obviously nothing official but at least some sort of information about transfer statuses!

@hawaiigirl3 thanks! I got a mail from the admission and they just said like “you should be expected to be notified by April 1”. So i guess it should be starting next week or sometime around next week…

Im stressed out.

Applied with a 3.38 gpa
Igetc - will be done by this semester
Ad-t - will be getting this by the end of the semester.
I work more than 40 hours a week.
I have done a total 6-12 community service hours and am apart of an academic fraternity.
Major: Business Admin.

TBH, i think I am very competitive but its a long shot. What do you all think.

@Charlie117 Are you from Hancock or Cuesta? Local is your best chance.