Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

did the invitation arrive with the acceptance or on a separate email?

Yes - my daughter did.

It just arrived this evening. We were accepted in the original wave a couple of weeks ago. Hereā€™s the text:

Dear Student,

Your outstanding academic achievements are recognized and respected at Cal Poly, and they have earned you an invitation to apply to our. The Honors Program serves students across all six Cal Poly colleges and is revered for the unique learning opportunities and supportive community it provides.

The high academic standards associated with the Honors Program will provide the motivation needed to succeed academically, and the program complements your major degree work by providing an enriched learning experience and participation in experiential, interdisciplinary learning.

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the Mustang family.

Jasna Jovanovic
Professor and Director
Cal Poly University Honors Program

7 Likes

For freshmen non-transfer, the application status portal still shows ā€œNo determination has been made at this time.ā€ Do I assume itā€™s a reject?

Based on previous years decision timelines, it is not looking too promising however, No Decision is No Decision.

5 Likes

congratulations then!!!

1 Like

Where and how did they announce that? My kid wanted desperately to go to SC and is high stats but got waitlisted.

They said they started yp in 2019. My kid thought she was a shoe-in as her stats much higher than average thereā€¦yet she got wl. Luckily it wasnā€™t a top choice and she is declining wl spot.

We know a kid from her class who was wl at Santa Clara and rejected at northeastern, but just got admitted to UCLA. Go figure.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Weā€™re in the same boat. No determination has been made and our hopes are deflating at this point, but trying to stay positive. I wish they didnā€™t drag out the process like this.

4 Likes

Good to know, thank you. Are they exposed to different programs of art during the freshman year? Do they have any other design programs other than Graphic design? Like do they have product design or industrial design?

Nothing for our son. Last year the AD acceptances came in 3/22.

3 Likes

My daughter was admitted to the Graphic Communications - UX/UI concentration major in CLAS on 3/10. This is different than the Art & Design major though.

2 Likes

My friend got in for psychology a few weeks ago, Iā€™m still waiting on cs so Iā€™m hoping also but not sure. Havenā€™t heard of anyone getting rejected yet which makes me nervous

3 Likes

Some pioneering computer graphics work came out of University of Utah, including Adobe co-founder John Warnock (John Warnock - Wikipedia, University of Utah School of Computing - Wikipedia).

1 Like

i think imma be rejected :frowning:

3 Likes

Definitely exposed to different programs of art. I donā€™t know about product, but industrial design is a concentration in IT.

They need to declare the concentration later. They just get admitted to the major.

1 Like

I received my financial award and it looks like I only got a small grant and the rest are loans even though I filled out fafsa and qualify for a calgrant and middle class scholarship. Does anyone know if the award will be updated later with those other things? Worried because I donā€™t think I can afford to go if those donā€™t come through :weary: