Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

The middle class scholarship is funded through the state of California/ government and their financial aid awards are officially reported to schools in August . You will get a revised FAN then . You can go to csac.ca.gov or call 888-224-7268 and they can confirm the amount you will get from the middle class scholarship.

That said, did you run the Net Price calculator for SLO? If so, did your estimate come out similar to your current FA?

WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I’VE RECEIVED A CAL GRANT?

After you apply, you can track the status of your Cal Grant application online by using WebGrants for Students.

If you qualify for a Cal Grant Entitlement award and your application was received on time and needs no corrections, you will receive a Cal Grant Eligibility Notification after November. After following the steps in the notification to select your school of attendance, you should receive a California Aid Report (CAR). If you have not heard from the Commission by June 30th, please call toll free 888.224.7268 or log into your WebGrants for students account to check your status under the Cal Grant panels.

If you’re applying for a Cal Grant Competitive award, you should receive a CAR by the end of May. If you have not heard from the Commission by mid-June, please call toll free 888.224.7268 or e-mail studentsupport@csac.ca.gov to check on the status of your application.

4 Likes

Thank you for the info. I was just getting worried since my FAN for UCSC already included Calgrant award.

1 Like

Is there anywhere to sign up for Open House yet? We got an email saying a link would come, but I don’t see one. Is that coming out after April 1?

2 Likes

Anyone waitlisted going to visit the school, or will you wait for the final decision? Want to take my son to see the campus (never actually been there but it’s his first choice) but don’t want to get our hopes up either!

Yes that is true. I don’t see the actual comment I was responding to anymore so don’t really know if i answered her question :slight_smile:

Ours still says, no determination…

7 Likes

is cal poly done with their acceptances?

Has anyone been able to sign up for Open House? My D22 got accepted , but hasn’t received any email about Open House (emails she got after the Congratulations email s are 1. What’s Next, 2. Merit Scholarship, 3. PolyCultural Committee).

My D22 was waitlisted and we are not going to visit unless she gets in. Then I’ll drop everything and get there as fast as we can! It’s about a three hour drive for us.

5 Likes

No, until April 1st

2 Likes

Most likely yes, SLO is done with acceptances and probably waitlists. Only acceptances that will be posting shortly are portfolio based majors.

1 Like

How do you know that they’re done with acceptances? Our counselor said that can still accept until April 1st. I don’t see that the third batch of acceptances including psychology went out unless I’m missing something?

Oh Okay, thank you.

Based on SLO’s historical decision timelines for the last 10 years that I have been a CC follower and contributor. There is always a chance that some more acceptances will trickle out but not probable. Just stating the reality.

4 Likes

Saw 4 Psychology acceptances for 3/10. That has been the only large wave of acceptances. Also saw 1 waitlist posted. You have to remember that CC is a small community and does not represent the actual # of students that applied. Have you checked ZeeMee and Reddit for more posted decisions?

Good idea! I just checked. This is what people are saying: “ Don’t assume anything. Cal poly Admissions said on their Instagram live today that there’s still a lot of admissions they need to go through and everybody will know by April 1st.” So there’s a sliver of hope!

2 Likes

Do you think architecture counts as a portfolio based major? Portfolio submittal was optional.

1 Like

My daughter got accepted to UCSB today for Econ & Accounting and I really love their process. They told everyone they would post on March 22 at 3:15 pm and they did. No guessing no astrology.

13 Likes

If a portfolio was submitted, then yes more acceptances could be posting.

2 Likes

Has there been a wave of cs acceptances? I’ve been looking through the thread and I couldn’t find any. And does SLO release acceptances for cs slowly or all at once?