Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

bro i jsut wanna know where i’m going to college
let’s hope for tomorrow inshallah

11 Likes

Thank you for saying this, it reassures me that I’m not the only one quietly obsessing over college decisions! Little does my kid know.

11 Likes

Housing application for incoming freshmen opens April 6 and the admitted students open house is April 7-9 so I highly doubt they wait until April 1 to send out the bulk of admittances. I’m sure it’s coming sooner and I’d use the historical release dates as the guide. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t start this week.

5 Likes

I hope so I don’t want to go threw another weekend of not knowing

1 Like

The open house being on a Thursday and Friday seems a bit odd to me. Are they expecting students to take time off school if the open house doesn’t align with spring break? Is the same content available on that Saturday?

5 Likes

The Thursday portion of the Open House is at the downtown SLO Thursday night market / Farmers Market. If you’ve never been, it’s a must. Campus clubs will be present as well as delicious food, music and everything a farmers market could bring. It’s a big part of the SLO culture. Friday is the admitted student day with activities on campus. Saturday is a showcase of campus clubs, organizations and additional events.

3 Likes

Sorry from where did you find this information?

1 Like

It’s in their website:
https://orientation.calpoly.edu/oh22

1 Like

Thank you as always for the correct information.

1 Like

This is just another fun guess, but they sent their portal set up 88 days ago; if they send out decisions 90 days after they start reviewing, we might get them in two days!

5 Likes

My son was waitlisted to SLO and accepted to Pomona for Fall 2020. Paid everything for CPP to be on the safe side. On APRIL 1, he was accepted off waitlist to SLO for Electrical Eng. NO JOKE. Got the money back for residence but not attending. Best money and charity gift ever spent. Both schools are great!

5 Likes

My son, Fall 2019, was accepted first weekend of March - SUNDAY morning. Did not sleep for 2 nights. Most painful weekend ever waiting for the engineering college to rollout acceptances but also the best day ever when he opened his portal and saw accepted!! It will be over soon, acceptances, waitlists (yes) and then rejections. Not all at once. Most exciting and painful experiences ever in the life of being a parent.

5 Likes

Yes - two sons at Cal Poly - back to back.

4 Likes

I’ll be so happy If my S23 ends up at slo like my d17 did!

5 Likes

Yes my daughter is at slo now it would be great to have both kids there!

2 Likes

What is the difference between admitted students and incoming freshman open house? Do you have to sign up for open house to attend?

I am waiting for my daughter to hear from SLO. My anxiety is off the charts, and I can’t let her know I am a wreck over here. LOL

Thanks for your info. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Sjc176 Me too! My daughter is finishing her Junior year at SLO…Would love to have her brother at SLO for her last year! I’m convinced the decisions will be rolling out this week. My guess is OOS Thursday and In-state after that…but obviously hoping for tomorrow!

5 Likes

My daughter loved it so much she stayed on the central coast after graduation.

3 Likes

Haha the first time I went there I wanted to move to there as well!!

2 Likes

Admitted student day Friday is for all admitted students including transfers. I don’t know if there is anything specific to Freshman. Former Cal Poly SLO alum here and hoping my daughter gets accepted. It’s like a second home to my kids. The waiting is agony!

6 Likes