Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

How is housing priority done at SLO? Is it lottery for anyone who accepts/puts down the deposit before the May 1st deadline, or is there any sort of first come/first served priority based on acceptance/deposit date? I think SLO is our likely destination, but wondering if I should hold off just to see what shakes out from the UC admissions.

2 Likes

Well I think the acceptance rate for the school is 30 percent so that sounds about right.

1 Like

I was accepted and I am from So Cal. Microbiology.

2 Likes

Same. 75% Colorado and the rest Cali. We were only ones from Washington.

Is CalPoly offering an accepted students event in Washington state? I would imagine there are quite a few applicants from there too.

1 Like

My granddaughter is from the Los Angeles area, she was admitted last week for Environmental Management.

2 Likes

Haven’t heard about one.

My son was admitted to civil engineering. Email received on March 10.

2 Likes

So that means acceptances are over?

I cant imagine they are over. They said you would receive notification by April 1. I have to believe there will be additional waves.

LOL, when we did a tour of UW, 99% of our group was from CO. D refers to it as the WA-CA-CO triangle like it’s a thing. I thought it was because we as parents have ties to those three states, but maybe it’s more that those states are very similar in some respects.

I do think it is (but still holding out a little hope for us, as my DS has not heard).

2 Likes

@Randi_Hirsch - For what it’s worth, ours (Denver) was mentioned in pretty un-notable font way way at the bottom of the email announcing his acceptance. It’s possible Washington isn’t having one, but it also would have been very easy to miss, especially in the excitement of bolting from email to portal to confirm status.

1 Like

I believe freshmen decisions are done, unless you get accepted off a wait list.

2 Likes

Nah
gotta stay positive.

4 Likes

Deleted

When people start posting WL status, we will know that the Admit pool is done. Until then, we wont know for sure that 100% of the admits have gone out.

14 Likes

What major is your son?

Good point. Thanks for the info

@Randi_Hirsch I just searched my email for cal poly and several more emails came up that weren’t in my inbox. Very strange, but one of them was a welcome event in Bellevue. March 27. The other was just a what’s next email.

2 Likes