Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Process is fully explained on the CP Housing website:

1 Like

Industrial Engineering.

Thanks very much, @ucgraddad!

I would say most likely they are over. Maybe a couple random acceptances may still come out. I think at this point all we can reasonably hope for is waitlist.

4 Likes

You’re very welcome.

Strongly suggest, if you do Facebook, to join the Cal Poly SLO Parents Mustang page:

Ever answer to any questions that you will have is on this page, and the search bar is very valuable.

5 Likes

There is one in Bellevue, March 27th. It was down at the bottom of the email I believe.

1 Like

Thanks. How is Cal Poly typically with regard to the waitlist? Do they tend to admit from the waitlists or is it just a soft rejection?

There are no guarantees that it would be similar this year, but here’s the data from the most recent CDS they posted:

(taken from https://ir.calpoly.edu/content/publications_reports/cds/index)

1 Like

Deleted .

Waitlist admits vary from year to year. You can check farther back for stats on the CDS section C2

2021 Waitlist:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 9829
Number accepting a place on the waiting list:
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 978

2020 Waitlist:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 8816
Number accepting a place on the waiting list:
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 4032

6 Likes

My friend calls the admission today and their staff insists the admit for freshman and transfer are not over, though unable to provide a timeline

16 Likes

I have not heard one person being placed on WL status yet…have you?

Look back at past year threads and they say that every year. I’m not saying there are not some here and there but I doubt another large wave of acceptances.

5 Likes

They’re probably trying to avoid having to listen to people argue about why they or their child should have been admitted

4 Likes

I’ve been checking this forum frequently. I did hear of one person being waitlisted for Cal poly San Luis Obispo but this is through a friend who heard it from her daughter about a good friend. A little too much distance to take this as absolute truth but in my heart I am bummed out because my daughter is still waiting for a decision and this has been her number one school for years. As a former Cal poly alumni I am still holding out hope until there is a definitive answer.

7 Likes

Can you share stats please?

Yes, I know at least five kids from the city of Los Angeles (as opposed to “LA area”) who were admitted. Several from LAUSD.

1 Like

Still waiting to hear from SLO. Son got into SDSU and UC Davis for engineering.

7 Likes

My impression is the admit is quite abnormal this year. Late, OOS and in state are released on the same day. If no another wave this week, most likely the waitlist is the next wave for next week.

1 Like

Maybe waitlist wave comes this Thursday…

1 Like