Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2022

Absolutely must submit FAFSA to get Financial Aid. That’s where all the colleges get their Financial Aid data from to make decisions. On FAFSA, you select all the colleges that you applied to so they know where to send your information.

It’s not too late. Do it today & they will get it within 4-5 days & create a Financial Aid package for you.

Thank you. Not sure why I assumed the information I put on the cal state apply was enough. All still kind of new to me. Filling it out now.

denied! good luck to everyone else and for those going there congrats!!

2 Likes

Denied Poli Sci 4.0 with ADT! Kind of shocked but SLO was not a top choice whatsoever. Good luck to everyone else in this thread!

3 Likes

Also set up on Web grants for students &/or Studentaid.gov
It gets confusing. Check with your CC for FA help too.

2 Likes

Transfers have their own Waitlist so you’re not competing with Waitlisted Freshman.

I don’t know how common it is but people do get Accepted from the Waitlist as people who were already accepted but decline Cal Poly’s offer. Another example is when the transcripts of an Accepted Transfer don’t match their application so they get rescinded. Cal Poly has until July 15th to Accept people from the Waitlist.

1 Like

Denied

Business Administration

3.54 gpa

ADT

Golden 4: AABB

21+hr work experience related to major

In state. Monterey County

Denied

My daughter was denied. Env Sci, 3.4 GPA. Strong extracurricular activities. Based on this thread though we were expecting this.

Her note indicated that they had around 65K applicants for less than 5.5K spots. Those are Ivy League acceptance rates!

Thank God that she got her TAG already at UCD. Her #1 choice regardless.

All those that didn’t get in- know that you are definitely not alone! Those that did get in- very impressive indeed!!!

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate the answer and help you’ve given on this thread

1 Like

rejected CS. All good!

Sorry to hear so many denials guys. Best of luck with the rest of your applications . Cal poly has always seemed to be very lottery based. I’m thankful to have even made it on the waitlist.

2 Likes

I’m wondering the same exact thing…:woman_shrugging:t2:

is the todo list incredibly slow? Emergency Contact is still there after adding 1 contact as well as “transcript” even though i sent them in electronically a week ago.

1 Like

Yes - Very slow. Finish the to-do list & let it go. It takes weeks to update.

jesus, thanks! I am so use to having everything being done and updated ASAP.

hey how was STAT 252? Thinking about taking it my first quarter.

This will most likely be my last time on this thread. I really appreciate everyone’s feedback and time on on here. I will be sending my appeal letter soon.

Transfer Applicant Stats
GPA: 4.0
Major: Business Admin
Golden 4: Yes
Degrees: AST and ADT
Sad: Yes

3 Likes

Miserable - I took Williams & the material is hard.
Take Dekhtyar if you can. But she’s so scattered & unorganized. She’s the better of all bad options.

1 Like

You have 15 days to Appeal.
In your appeal, make sure the reason is “new, serious and compelling information that clearly shows you to be academically stronger than had been earlier evidenced.”

Don’t just repeat the same info from your application since they’ve already reviewed your application & made a decision.

I guess what i’m worrying is what do they want me to show that qualifies as “new, serious and compelling evidence”? What could be an example? I defiantly have a lot of things to add in my letter.