Calling A&M engineers! Freshman class problem.

@AGmomx2
I could drop physics Mech and add an extra year of college algebra (since i have pre cal DC) and Texas gov in Summer 1 and take Calc 1 and health over Summer 2 . Is that a better Plan?

Plus for PHysics I could sit in on the teachers lecture halls without actually being in the class. I know the physics teacher and she wouldn’t mind. Is that a better way to get experience with Calc Based Physics without getting a grade?

I didn’t even think about my other schools. Thanks for bring them up!

I would say take mock tests for Physics and just practice. Get good at knowing the material. Have a solid foundation for Calculus it will be to your benefit. You will most likely take Calculus and Physics at A&M again but you’ll have a solid understanding and it will be a little easier to adjust to the classes. Also if you can take Chem 1 and Chem 2. Chem 107, which is a mixture of both those classes was a big learning curve for me since I did not really have much experience with rigorous chemistry. Just look at the degree plans and decide from there what classes you can take from there. Also get some experience with Labview and MATLAB. It won’t hurt to work with some of the stuff you’ll be using in Engineering 111/112. Here is the mechanical engineering degree plan https://engineering.tamu.edu/mechanical/academics/degrees/undergraduate/bs

Hey Guys, I have another question: I do have the option to take Calc 1 and 2 over the summer and during the school year take Physics Mechanics (fall)and Physics EM( Spring). Should I do that so I can exempt taking Physics 208 at Texas A&M ( I hear it is a GPA crusher).

If I did my schedule would look something like this
Maymester - Texas State Gov
Summer 1 - Calc 1
Summer 2 - Calc 2
Fall - Physics Mech
Spring - Physics EM

Take all the credits you can for the core curriculum like history, gov, english. I would suggest getting experience with Physics and Calculus. It will HELP YOU alot. And take calc and physics again at A&M because you will need it to prepare you for the future classes. The more familiar you are with the material the easier it will be on you and help your chances at entry to major.