Caltech Class 2027 Official Thread

Consider adding some more achievements too if you have

2 Likes

is anyone here accepted?

Will do. Thank you!

Rejected

Denied with usamo and Imo. That hurt :frowning:

3 Likes

denied with research experiences at stanford, columbia, cornell, state universities, international conferences, international journals, impactful independant research and robotics projects. National olympiad wins in mathematics and economics.

It hurts.

1 Like

Domestic, defer-> reject

2 Likes

Accepted! US olympiad camper (Top 20 USA) and Westinghouse/Intel/Regeneron Science Talent Search (STS) nominee.

5 Likes

Top 50 in another olympiad and also did other stuff like national scioly and national science bowl national finals
GPA is low like 3.7

3 Likes

Congrats to the admits, and to everyone else (which is basically everyone lol) try not to take this one too hard. Caltech is one of the toughest admits out there due to their tiny class size. There are just too many awesome students out there and not enough spaces to accept them all. You’ve worked hard and you’ll end up somewhere great! :heart:

7 Likes

Onto MIT! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Waitlisted

Regeneron STS nominee
4 years STEM research
Two 1st author research papers
IMO
etc

Wthhhh

How does the math work on this

235-118 (REA) - 35(QB) == 82
How is 82 == "As promised, the majority of our admits will come in Regular Decision. ”

So I see only 1 admin and a couple of waitlists. Where did the 80+ go?

1 Like

What major did you apply to?

My kid was waitlisted as well. But your is just unacceptable…

1 Like

Humbled and happy for my D. Purpose of sharing this is not at all to make OP feel bad. What I guess worked was ISEF project, publishing it in IJSER and uploading to Portfolio. Of course there are other factors, but D’s hard work, ups & downs all paid off. Please DM if anyone interested in stat or other info.

Congratulations to all who got accepted and best wishes to others and expect the best.

3 Likes

Just to help clarify, 82 enrolled students doesn’t mean 82 accepted. If 155 admitted to yield 82, for example, it would remain accurate to say a majority of accepted students were in regular decision.

4 Likes

Congrats you your daughter!

2 Likes

You overlooked yield, which was in the mid-50% last year.

1 Like

Yeah I guess their RD yield is a lot lower than QB and REA, so thats why

2 Likes