Campus Tour at Texas Christian?

<p>I'm curious to hear the impressions of applicants and parents who have taken a tour of the campus and environs. What was your impression of the students whom you met?</p>

<p>We’ve been twice. Once for the 1/2 day Saturday program and once on our own, and set up interviews and classroom visit. Both were very good. Beautiful campus, nice people, all very nice and accommodating. If I had to pick, I’d go on my own - and contact your counselor and set up your own day.</p>

<p>KansasGirl,</p>

<p>Just curious, where in Kansas are you? I’m located in the Wichita area (if you look at my username, and know anything about the area, that’s where I go to high school.)</p>

<p>I’ll be at TCU next year, where are you looking at?</p>

<p>LakeWashington,
My son and I (he’s a college freshman now – not at TCU) toured and visited TCU many, many times. We LOVED it! The campus is gorgeous. But the people? Oh my goodness, the people! They were amazing! Faculty, students, administration … all of them so friendly, and happy, and polite, and kind! On different occasions, we’d leave the campus to see a sight or two or eat at a local restaurant. While in that area of Fort Worth, we’d invariably run into kids in purple TCU apparel. Whenever we asked them about TCU, the answers were all the same. Those kids LOVED TCU! They were, to a person, poised, personable, friendly, and very, very kind – like humble and sweet and helpful. I just cannot tell you how impressed we were with the people. Faculty and administration were the same way. I have no idea if we were meeting a “representative sample,” but the people we met were very, very nice, respectable, and impressive. Impressive in the way of character and happiness and helpfulness… not necessarily in terms of “accomplishments” – they may have been; we didn’t get into that – but in terms of being well-rounded and NICE. Good luck in making your college decisions!</p>

<p>My D and I took a campus tour in November, the first of a three school trip. She sat in on a class in her intended major, had a 30 minute meeting with the head of the department who also gave us a tour of the department, and took the normal campus tour.</p>

<p>All impressive, to say the least. My D was worried that TCU would be too preppy or too stuck up, but it was nothing like that. Just happy, friendly, informative students and admins combined with a great campus in a great Texas city.</p>