Can I still take chem 103 even with my AP credit?

<p>Right now, I'm enrolled for chem 103, but right under the course, it says "Warning! Repeating a prior course. Will not receive degree credit. See HELP." I couldn't find the "HELP" it's referring to, so I'm not really sure what this will mean for me. Does this mean I have to take chem 109 to get credit?</p>

<p>It sure means don't take Chem 103. Pick up the phone and call an advisor.</p>

<p>You would lose the AP credit. Why take 103 when you have the background for 104? You could also take 109 (even 115 if you get into it) and still keep those AP credits, I believe, as there is more to the course than the AP content. You would be bored repeating material you already know in 103 as well. A reminder to all- consider AP credits as a gift in getting you ahead, but don't worry about taking a course that takes them out of play, such as an Honors math/science sequence. Also go for the hardest course you can handle- you will get a better course, ie one which gives you more knowledge. You are, after all, in college to learn as much as you can, not just get a degree. This knowledge can only help you in your future courses or jobs.</p>