Care Package Fail!

<p>DD’s house has appx 40 living in but they let everyone who is a member mail to the house PO box. Next Spring when the new house is ready there will be over 70 girls living in. I wouold ask your chapter adviser for the PO box address.</p>

<p>Well, after all of the issues, I re-sent DS’s package last Wednesday (after replacing the 2 week old cookies!!) and I got a text today that he got it. From the sound of things, he ,may have received it yesterday, but I’m not really sure.</p>

<p>Just glad he got it at the Ferg, through his post office box, with only one postmaster brain cramp and a bizarre refusal.</p>

<p>All is well in care package land once again!</p>

<p>That reminds me that D’s PO Box only goes out until November. Does anyone know how long they’re renewing the boxes for? I think Sea_Tide said the boxes move downtown in late spring - does that mean late May or June, after the school year has ended?</p>

<p>USPS’s lease expires in May. The current employees are likely taking early retirement in February, but there will be USPS employees there until May.</p>

<p>When PO boxes move, USPS should give you the option to cancel your box before the move. I know that my PO box lease goes until January 31st, but standard refund policies state that if I close my box before April 30th (3 months), I get half of my money back.</p>

<p>SEA_Tide, do you know what the plan is for next year? Will all students have boxes for mail like they do at many schools, or will it be like the post office, where a student can pay for a box if he or she chooses? Will post office and Paty be merged? Or are the details even known at this point? I know you’ve posted about this in the past, but I’ve never gotten a complete picture. Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>Oddly enough, campus mail is operating like their future plans are a secret, yet give me details when I ask specific questions. You’d think they’d at least send an email to all students detailing the future of mail service on campus.</p>

<p>Here’s what I do know.</p>

<p>The new mail service will combine the operations of Paty Package Delivery and the Ferguson Center Post Office and will not be located in the Ferguson Center.</p>

<p>Students will be charged a fee to rent a mailbox.</p>

<p>There will be 3 Automated Postal Centers (APCs) for students to use to mail items. These are the machines you see at some larger post offices. I don’t know how this will work for students mailing packages internationally or those who are mailing perishable or hazardous materials and are required to hand those packages to a USPS employee.</p>

<p>UA hopes to have the new service open before the USPS contract ends in May.</p>

<p>From now on, all mail is sorted by USPS in Birmingham and delivered once, occasionally twice, per day to Tuscaloosa. This likely means that the postmarks for letters mailed from Tuscaloosa will read Birmingham, AL rather than Tuscaloosa, AL.</p>

<p>Kaylynsmom, how did the cupcake delivery work out? Georgetown cupcakes is a having a sale today only - 40% off, coupon code HOLIDAY2012.</p>

<p>Does Georgetown cupcakes deliver to Bama?</p>

<p>^kaylynsmom said she sent some, that’s why I was asking. One RM bday this week, one very soon and missed the 3rd in the move in craziness. Would send some if I thought it would work.</p>

<p>The cupcakes worked out well. Fed Ex delivers to the college around 10:30 am and I told DD to go around 2-3 to get her package and not take no for an answer. She said they all loved them. It was a special deal though so I go 1 dozen delivered for less than 30$. Not a bargain but a nice splurge.</p>

<p>I have had more luck with Fed Ex than UPS or USPS.</p>

<p>Thanks for the coupon code. Just sent a dozen for finals week</p>

<p>Me too. Good deal, thanks. It was great to be able to pick the flavors I knew S would like.</p>