Carnegie Mellon Class of 2027 Official Thread

Waitlist FAQs

yes, the FA letter is in the portal.

They also posted it for waitlisted students, so they can decide if they want to stay on the waitlist.

cant seem to find it anywhere?

us either

2 Likes

FA letters not available yet. Per their waitlist website, “… you’ll receive a financial aid offer letter on your portal within a week of receiving your Wait List decision.”

1 Like

accepted. Bachelor of Computer Science and Arts (BCSA) program, sat 1520, EC including Art rewards

3 Likes

Same result for DS, waitlisted to CMU and accepted to JHU. Mechanical Engineering (3.98 UW, 35 ACT, national merit commended, Eagle Scout, blah blah blah!). Have 2 more to go. Go figure, already visited CMU prior to app but not Hopkins. Looking forward to that trip now!

waitlisted tepper

1 Like

Waitlist Crew!

3 Likes

Sibling accepted CS, ACT 32, 4 APs, 12 dual enrollment courses, 14/550 rank. Georgia Tech DE distance math program for linear algebra and calculus. No competition awards or academic extra currics but has work experience and played a sport and had some cool self started projects. Super proud of her!

5 Likes

Son accepted for Math/CS. 1/400, 36 ACT, NMF, ~25 AP/DE classes & more. Super proud of him, finally a college that recognizes academic excellence in this climate of holistic admissions.

8 Likes

Congratulations! Great accomplishment! My son is admitted into BHA (Music and Data Sci)!

3 Likes

Son waitlisted. NMF, Presidential Scholar nominee, 36,1590,4.7 Weighted, Bronze medal in Physics Olympiad, Physics course in local college, mentorship in particle accelerator facility. Summer STEM exchange in a highly competitive program. Not sure what else is needed.

Congrats! My son was accepted for that program too (I think? I’m confused). It’s for the “School of Music, Music and Technology Option and Bachelor of Computer Science and Arts” and I am a little unclear as to how much comp sci will be a part of it if he goes. Anyone have insights into the music technology part and the ROI from the perspective of someone paying OOO tuition (we do not qualify for financial aid).

1 Like

Waitlisted as well, and invited to priority…read thru the FAQs on the site, they explain it all…it’s complicated. But basically, commit and deposit to another school, but May 7th we may contact you to tell you we still have room. If you want to still go you will then lose your deposit at your other school you committed to. There are two options…but yes, FAQ explains it all.

1 Like

It is in the portal.

Well, I could see it.

Congrats! I think he goes to the same general program BCSA, but with the option designated as Music Technology, which in turn consisting of Audio Recording & Production and Sound Theory & Practice sub fields. Take a look at this music concentration sheet: https://www.cmu.edu/interdisciplinary/assets/bxa-music.pdf.

Separately, I’ve read that BCSA kids spend about 75% time on CS, and 25% on art questions about the BXA program at CMU - #5 by parkinglots

3 Likes

Son waitlisted , option of priority waitlist. The form will open on April 7 th so will wait for other college decisions next week and decide whether to submit the form or not.

1 Like

Very odd. We don’t have the “view financial aid letter” button.

We submitted all docs a long time ago. Not that it matters since my son will reject CMU before they officially reject him :laughing: I was just curious of the final price tag and accuracy of estimators.

1 Like