Case Western Reserve University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

What is the university scholarship? My son got partial merit, around 25% of COA

D23 Accepted. 4.4, 34 ACT, lots of leadership, job, APs, CHS, etc. Athlete. 27k University Scholarship.

5 Likes

Wow thatā€™s great, we def got less than that!

1 Like

My son is working so canā€™t check now. Did an email just come through to check the portal?

I donā€™t think an email, just checked portal.

Interesting. Is he already in somewhere else? (My son was also deferred.)

Accepted. SAT 1570 ACT 34, eagle scout, various leadership, 4.7 GPA, orchestra/chorus, 12 AP classes, Univ scholarship 43.5 k, excited but still way off other schools.

6 Likes

ED or EA?

1 Like

If you donā€™t mind sharing, way off how? Looks like really high merit?

1 Like

S23 accepted with $28k/year merit award. Planning to study materials science and engineering. 1520 SAT, 11APs, 3.7UW GPA, strong music interest with high level of success. Overall heā€™s a well rounded student and a good writer. Heā€™s happy to have CWRU as an option!

4 Likes

Out of pocket still around 35kā€¦some other schools are closer to about 1/2 of that. Just a lot to considerā€¦and still a lot of regular decisions to wait for.

3 Likes

early action

1 Like

Mine has almost identical profile. Deferred.
We canā€™t ED due to financial uncertainty. Sigh.

Congratulations to your DS

2 Likes

He was deferred from Tulaneā€¦I am a firm believer these kids end up where they are supposed to. Hang in there. Any other early actions on the horizon?

4 Likes

Indiana U. Nothing from there either.
We were so certain Case would work out.

Congratulations! Does the 35k include boarding or just tuition?

Just part of tuition which is close to 60k.

1 Like

where else is he applying? DS applied to 14 schools. It is so different than when I went to school.

1 Like

Is your son a NMSF?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very good scholarship amount - it puts you on track with some comparable in-state schools. Congrats!

1 Like