Case Western Reserve University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

He will start working on other apps tomorrow.

Heā€™s in at Pitt and several other schools. Heā€™s likely Pitt-bound :).
Best of luck to your kid!

4 Likes

No just commended. I think the interview put him over the edge, honestly. He accompanied me on a medical mission trip this past spring and I think history of community service as been a benefit paired with interest.

5 Likes

S23 accepted with $33K. Yay! 3.97 UW, 1460 SAT, strong music ECs and submitted the music supplement.

6 Likes

I have to admit - Iā€™m surprised at all the money they are giving ED.

1 Like

Looking at last yearā€™s portal astrology, can the deferred and denied see the admitted students tab and information? I can see it on my sonā€™t portal even tho he hasnā€™t opened it up yet bc heā€™s not as anxious as I am apparently

1 Like

The posts today are Early Action applicants, not ED. (eta: I do realize that the title of the thread is ED though)

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh - makes more sense.

Thanks!!!

They have a very low yield so yeah, Iā€™m sure they have to be aggressive.

Thanks

2 Likes

They hand out similar money to ED though. My daughter got in ED2 last year and the amounts given were the same as what you are seeing here. Even students on the waitlist saw similar numbers in their WL information in case they came off.

3 Likes

These sounds exactly like my sonsā€™ stats (mine got a 1540 but other wise the same), and he got deferred. Weird.

2 Likes

D23 in with $33K. 1550, 4.0UW, Band and other club leadership roles.

4 Likes

D23 admitted. Engineering.
1510, 3.97UW
Didnā€™t see any merit

2 Likes

Check the last sentence in the first paragraph. I missed it the first time.

Donā€™t see any. Might not have gotten any.

1 Like

Son admitted with merit scholarship. Engineering major.

2 Likes

S23 accepted Data Science / Applied Math. Was nice to get some good news after last week!

3 Likes

So sorry to hear. I hope he hears better news in the next round. Itā€™s always impossible to know whatā€™s in the mind of the AO.

2 Likes

Deferred. Not bad. Didnā€™t expect that lol

ETA: 4.05/TO, music supp & lots of music honors, AP Scholar, College Board, Af Am recognition, 9APs/8 honors, magma cum laude Latin exam, NHS, SGA, intvw; swim team, etc

1 Like

Son got admitted for Political Science major with merit of $43k per year.

6 Likes

I also got deferred, which was a little unexpectedā€¦

1 Like