CCPA 2016-2013 Season

This discussion was created from comments split from: Is there something wrong with Roosevelt/CCPA?.

My S was accepted to six excellent schools - 5 for MT, one for Theatre Performance. After much discussion and consultation, he decided on CCPA. Chicago is such a beautiful city, the school is right downtown, and we feel that he will have the most opportunities there. FYI, a new MT director has been named, Dan Cooney. Here is the 2016-17 season:

O’Malley Main Stage:
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
By William Shakespeare
Sept. 29 – OCT 2
Middletown
By Will Eno
Oct. 21 – 23
Promises, Promises
Book by Neil Simon
Based on the Screenplay THE APARTMENT
by Billy Wilder and I.A.L. Diamond
Music by Burt Bacharach and Lyrics by Hal David
Nov. 17 – 20
Cabaret
Book by Joe Masteroff
Based on the play by John Van Druten and
Stories by Christopher Isherwood
Music by John Kander and Lyrics by Fred Ebb
Feb. 23 – 26
Sunday in the Park with George
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Book by James Lapine
April 27 – 30
Miller Studio:
Top Girls
By Caryl Churchill
Oct. 13 – 16
Godspell
Conceived and Originally Directed by John- Michael Tebelak
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Dec. 1 - 4
The Women of Lockerbie
By Deborah Brevoort
March 2 – 5

@Montclairdiva, I think you should copy your post this over to a new thread, so that the heading of this thread (“Is there something wrong with Roosevelt/CCPA)” gets bounced down and gradually disappears. This heading is old and sends up a totally unwarranted red flag about a perfectly good school. I know kids who attend who are just wonderful performers. My son worked with Scott Calcagno, who I think is the interim head of MT, and I could not speak more highly of him. He truly helped my son find his soul as an actor. Every time I see this thread, it irritates me as it seems to downgrade an excellent program in one of the best cities in the US.