Chance me for Auburn [AL resident, 3.95/34 for neuroscience]

Demographics

• US domestic (US citizen or permanent resident) or international student
    US
  • State/Location of residency: (state is important if you apply to any state universities)
    AL
  • Type of high school (current college for transfers): Public
  • Gender/Race/Ethnicity (optional): Asian female
  • Other special factors (first generation to college, legacy, athlete, etc.): Nope

Intended Major(s)
Neuroscience
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: 3.95??
  • Weighted HS GPA (incl. weighting system): 4.434
  • College GPA (for transfers):
  • Class Rank: 3/315
  • ACT/SAT Scores: 34

Coursework
(AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes, AP/IB scores for high school; also include level of math and foreign language reached and any unusual academic electives; for transfers, describe your college courses and preparation for your intended major(s))
This is where it gets bad
I have a W on my college transcript. I dropped a spanish class because it took up 4+ hours each day for just an online spanish class. I wanted to focus on more important classes. I also have a B+ in AP Art History sophomore year and a B in gen bio the summer before my junior year. Does this mess up my chances at Auburn? Auburn has gotten really competitive with an acceptance rate of 44%
AP Human Geography (5), AP Art History (2 lol), AP Chemistry (4), AP Psychology (5) AP Calculus BC (5), AP Statistics (4), AP Lang (4), APUSH (4)
Awards
Not important for Auburn
AIME Qualifier
State award for some team I’m part of
AP Scholar with Distinction
Extracurriculars
(Include leadership, summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)
Not important for Auburn since they said they don’t consider it, only value academic achievement
Essays/LORs/Other
(Optionally, guess how strong these are and include any other relevant information or circumstances.)
Also not important for Auburn
Cost Constraints / Budget
(High school students: please get a budget from your parents and use the Net Price Calculators on the web sites of colleges of interest.)
Would be cheap so doesn’t matter
Schools
(List of colleges by your initial chance estimate; designate if applying ED/EA/RD; if a scholarship is necessary for affordability, indicate that you are aiming for a scholarship and use the scholarship chance to estimate it into the appropriate group below)

• Safety (certain admission and affordability) Auburn (only one I care about right now)
  • Likely (would be possible, but very unlikely or surprising, for it not to admit or be affordable)
  • Match
  • Reach

Could you explain this? We’re you taking a college course during high school?

Hmmmm

Heck no.

As long as you meet the minimum academic requirements.

You’re a rock star for Auburn. Not sure where it gets bad.

And AP scores likely don’t impact admission at all. Just placement or credit.

War Eagle.

Ps doesn’t even look like they have a foreign language requirement. Do you meet these ?

Academic Achievement
Your high school transcript will be the primary criteria for determining academic preparedness. Each freshman applicant must complete the following core curriculum requirements by the end of their high school senior year:

• Four years English
  • Three years of social studies
  • Three years math including Algebra I and II, and either Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, or Analysis
  • Two years science including Biology and Physical Sciences with Laboratory Component

Dual enrollment, yes I was

It says foreign language recommendation of 1

OK - i don’t see that - but do you have that? This is the entirety of what they say.

But I assume you have that? If you do, you’ll be in with merit aid. Good luck.

ADMISSIONS

What are the admission standards for freshmen?

Academic Achievement
Your high school transcript will be the primary criteria for determining academic preparedness. Each freshman applicant must complete the following core curriculum requirements by the end of their high school senior year:

• Four years English
  • Three years of social studies
  • Three years math including Algebra I and II, and either Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, or Analysis
  • Two years science including Biology and Physical Sciences with Laboratory Component

In addition to evaluating core classes, Auburn will consider high school grade point average (GPA), ACT and/or SAT scores, and high school rigor.
Transcript evaluation utilizes a 4.0 scale. (A = 4 points, B = 3 points, C = 2 points, D= 1 point, F = 0 points).

In addition to the minimum requirements, we select our freshman class through an evaluation that includes a holistic review of your academic performance. Some of the factors included in our review include:

• Your grade point average including weighted and unweighted.
  • Your grades earned in core curriculum courses.
  • Your planned 12th-grade courses.
  • Your pattern of grades over time. Marked improvement in academic performance as demonstrated by academic GPA and the quality of coursework completed or in progress.
  • The number of college preparatory, Advanced, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), honors, gifted and transferable college courses you have completed and your achievement in those courses.
  • Your academic performance relative to other applicants at your high school and the learning opportunities available in your high school.
  • Exceptional performance in one or more specific subject areas.

I actually do have 3 years of a foreign language

yeah - hmmmm - you don’t have a problem with Auburn.

Good luck to you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.