chance me for biomedical engineering please?

I have a 3.78 UW GPA (I have like 7-8 B’s :frowning: rest are all A’s though…)
1500 on the new SAT (720 ERW, 780 Math). If superscored, I have a 1510.
I took 2 SAT Subject tests (korean 800, japanese 710 ), and will take 3 next month. (math 2c, bio, physics. I’m expecting a 700+ in all of them, probably an 800 in math)

the problem is i don’t have lots of engineering-related EC’s :frowning: I was planning on majoring something in the humanities, so I only have a few volunteering stuff, one club, and non-Stem EC’s. I have 3 awards from outside of school, but they are also non-stem related as well (history & foreign language speech contest). I also came to US in my sophomore year from an non-English speaking country. would purdue be a reach for me? I’m applying OOS, btw.

(also, would taking regular Calculus for senior year be a bad idea?? thank you!!!)

take ap calculus if you can, but regular calculus would be fine. they just want to see some form of it. as far as your test scores are concerned, they are very competitive and will make up for your high number of B’s. If I were to guess, you would be totally fine getting in. However, you might not get any scholarships or get into the honors college if that matters to you because they are very subjective and it’s hard telling.

Best of luck!

@05jmk08 just so you know all potential freshmen applying to Purdue apply to First Year Engineering (which is undecided). You are not admitted to your specific major until the end of your 1st year, and currently BioMed Engineering is the most competitive due to the school’s size.

As for calculus AP is good if you can get it but don’t worry if not, regular is fine