Chance me for Computer Sci [3.7 HS GPA, 1440 SAT, IB DP plus some college courses in high school, <$40k]

I just ran their Net price calculator and it output 20k out of pocket as an estimated post-fin-aid figure. Is their calculator accurate? Seems hard to believe that they would hand out 60k…

CWRU meets 100% financial need, so it is possible your actual financial package will be in that ballpark with a combination of grants, loans and work study in addition to merit scholarships. So it sounds like it should be affordable for your family if you get in! :smiley:

When you do receive the financial package, make sure your family understands what is offered. Merit awards are typically guaranteed for four years. However the need portion, typically called institutional grants, can change each year if your family’s income changes. Work study means you can get a campus job and earn that amount. However, that portion of the tuition bill is owed up front and you are payed directly as you fulfill the work obligation. Be careful with any loans offered as part of the package. I don’t suggest accepting any loans other than the federal student loans. Of course, if you can make it work without loans that is even better.

Fingers crossed for good news!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.