UW: 2.86 (2.7 Core Class UW GPA)
W:3.12
C in Honors Biology and Honors Geometry
I took 2 honors classes total (Bio and Geom)</p>

<p>Sophomore:
UW: 3.06 (2.7 Core Class UW GPA)
W: 3.21
C in PST and Spanish 2
Took 1 honors (Chemistry) and got a B & one advanced (not as high as honors but above average, no weighting awarded) class (PST)</p>

<p>Junior (So Far):
UW: 3.73 (3.5 Core Class UW GPA)
W: 4.0+
Am taking 1 AP (Chem), 1 honors class (English) and 1 advanced class (Pre-Calc)</p>

<p>I had a really rough freshman and sophomore year, then did very well junior year, please take this into consideration.</p>

<p>SAT's:
Shooting for a 2100+ and I am almost certain I can hit 2000+ with:
750 Math
620 CR
630 W (10-12 essay) </p>

<p>I took the march SAT, will know how I did by next thursday.</p>

<p>I have good EC's including:
-Habitat for humanity - 3 years - I was the leader of the flooring team one year and we laid the entire floor of a house in 2 days.
-Music - 6 years - I play guitar and bass.
-Model UN - I should have around 5-7 committees by the time I graduate. I have participated in 3 so far and won 3 awards.
-MADMen - 1 year - I helped a freshman who was struggling with social and academic issues.
-I am applying for the drexel summer materials camp.
-I am getting a job this summer.</p>

<p>Chance me for Virginia Tech.</p>

<p>almost 300 comments and no responses? One of you must have an idea of where I stand.</p>

<p>*300 views</p>

<p>I think it depends how you finish the year and what scores you actually get. If your grades continue the upward trend this year and next and you get the scores you say you’re going to get, I think you have a shot. Talk to your guidance dept. staff about how best to explain your weak start in HS to the schools you are interested in, that may be something the counselor can attach to your recommendation.</p>

<p>Thanks hokiesfan. I took a bunch of practice tests and scored as high as 2030. I think I did very well on my March SAT and will take it once more if I don’t break 2100. I am also taking the ACT. I will definitely talk to my counselor about it.</p>