Chance me for merit aid as an out of state admit

@wyonurse16 Don’t stress too much, if he gets a $1000 competitive scholarship he will qualify for instate tuition. Since the department already indicated that he would get a scholarship, they know he needs an OOS qualifying scholarship, so it will be a minimum of $1000 off the in-state tuition cost and maybe more irregardless of his NMF status. Mine was not NMF but is an academic scholarship student, OOS and has been very happy here. You don’t really need to be outgoing, as soon as you mention that you’re from a state other than TX everyone wants to talk to you!
As a mom to students who were pursued by other universities, my advice is to let your child choose where s/he would like to attend if you can afford the delta. We had better offers financially (to include AL) for both our kids, but this is where they wanted to go and that is priceless to have a very happy college student. IMO, they did their job by excelling in HS they should reap the reward of choice, if you can afford it. Good luck with the decision process.

Howdy! This post is pretty old but I figured I’d give my 2 cents. I was accepted as an academic admit (top 5%, 34 ACT) with solid leadership experience(3 season captain, NAHS treasurer, club president) and IMO not the greatest essays. I’m also multicultural (asian/caucasian) but I wasn’t too sure it that helped/hurt me. I received a 4-year academic scholarship which qualified my for the OOS tuition waiver. Tbh it’s hard to be certain how the OOS waivers are determined but I think y’all have a pretty good shot at it!

Does anybody know how many $1,000 or more scholarships that waive out of state tuition are given out on a yearly basis? Haven’t seen any other school come close to that and certainly not with the reputation of the Aggies