Chance me for RD please!

<p>Demographic:
-White Male from Colorado</p>

<p>School:
-Public Nationally Recognized High School
-3.74 Weighted GPA on 4.0 Scale (School doesn't calculate Unweighted)
-Will have 12 AP classes by graduation and all the rest Honors (grades in Honors Classes are not on weighted scale)
-ACT: 33 Composite, 35 English, 29 Math, 33 Reading, 33 Science
-AP Scholar Award
-National Honor Society
-National Society of High School Scholars</p>

<p>Extracurricular:
-Eagle Scout (lots and lots of service!)
-Volunteer Camp Counselor at Children's Camp every summer in Seattle area
-2 Year Varsity Soccer Letter Winner
-2011 State Soccer Runner Up
-Captain of Club Soccer Team 2005-present
-2nd Team All Conference Soccer
-Boy Scouts of America Honor Camper
-Started a pet sitting business in 2007 that has since garnered a regular client base of 70+ and a 2nd place award in a state-wide entrepreneurial competition in 2008</p>

<p>Other:
-Wrote essay on how Boy Scouts IS really all about knots, but the figurative knots that tie a scout to his community rather than the real knots
-Rec's from Counselor, AP English Lit teacher who went to Wash U St. Louis and AP Physics C teacher/2 year JV soccer coach who went to Pomona College</p>

<p>I’d say that you will get in, probably with some merit money. IMHO.</p>

<p>Looking pretty good for admission. Eagle Scout looks VERY good to an admissions committee (spoken from a fellow Eagle). What’s your class rank? Your weighted is a little low, but if your class rank is pretty high it will show the competitiveness of the class and the school itself.</p>

<p>My class rank before this first semester was 106/465, but it will get better as I got a 4.3 this semester. I should find out soon since school will be back in session next week. I am guessing I will be in the top 15% with the recalculated rank.</p>

<p>Top 15% isn’t great, but should be good enough to get you in. Luckily your ACT score’s very good, that should balance out your GPA and class rank. And like I said, Eagle Scout will look very good. If your class rank is top 15% after this semester, I’d say in with maybe an 11k scholarship.</p>

<p>But do you think my challenging course load would somewhat atone for my GPA and class rank? Thanks!</p>

<p>It could, but then again, that GPA is weighted which should take into account your challenging course load. Of course this is all mere speculation, and we have no way of guessing what an admissions committee will think. But I really do think that being an Eagle Scout will save you from worrying about GPA and class rank. Eagle Scout shows that you’ve put in a very great amount of time and effort into one particular activity for a very long time, and the skills that you’ve learned through your scouting career all culminate in the rank of Eagle. It definitely proves to a committee who might have you on the edge of acceptance or even the edge of scholarship vs. no scholarship that you deserve the better option.</p>

<p>Okay, thanks for the input! Much appreciated!</p>

<p>Being an Eagle Scout is rare and may override your gpa and class rank. Your ACT is fine and playing soccer at your level shows more solid commitment to activities. What are the final grades in all of your courses and at what levels?</p>

<p>Senior year first semester grades:</p>

<p>AP Physics C:Mechanics- B
AP Biology- B
AP English Literature- A
AP Government and politics- A
AP Calculus AB- B</p>

<p>Electives:
Medicine- A
Soccer/Volleyball- A
Ceramics I- A</p>

<p>Credits- 33
Weighted GPA- 4.303</p>

<p>I’d predict in with 24k, maybe singer/stamps invite.</p>

<p>What is the singer/stamps invite?</p>

<p>They’re full scholarships, I think the Stamps covers extra fees. They both require an interview on campus and I think the Stamps requires an interview with Mr. Stamps.</p>

<p>Oh, well I sure hope so, that would be wonderful! Thank you for your prediction!</p>