Chance me for the schools I'm applying to [Equestrian going premed for rare diseases]

Thank you! /warmly

I also was just rejected from Middlebury (just woke up), so that’s alright! CWRU releases at noon, so let’s see! /still happily vibing

I also want to add that I’m grateful for these rejections. Why? Because they’re just pushing me towards where I’m supposed to be, and they care enough to say “it’s not us, but maybe it’s them that’s the place for you.” I’m so excited for these next two weeks. /happily

6 Likes

Fortunately, you already have a great localish option at umass amherst. I suspect you will get into case western, but really, it has that issue of being too far from your medical home. BTW, the head of student health at umass amherst is a fantastic doctor, could be your md there.

1 Like

Brown is the only NCEA team on your list. Will you be happy in IHSA after the A/AA circuit?

Good luck on your college decision!

1 Like

ooh, good question! Any team that allows me to ride I will throughly enjoy. It’s not always about the level of competition, but rather, competing as a team and enjoying your sport. also, horses equal automatic happiness. So, yeah, I will totally be happy in IHSA, although I’ll need to continue training after Nationals this summer. /happily, thoughtful

and thank you so much! /warmly

3 Likes

I just got waitlisted from CWRU. I most likely won’t take up the offer (but i’ll speak to my folks, maybe we will?), and I’m excited for next week’s round of decisions!! /happily

5 Likes

Keep the positive attitude! You already have wonderful options, and with your abilities and outlook you will be a success wherever you land. /sincerely

6 Likes

If you would care to say, did you consider Mt. Holyoke? I figured you knew of it because of its renowned equestrian program, excellence in biology and proximity to your home, so I didn’t recommend it to you at a suitable time. However, I regret not having done so in the event that you may not have been fully familiar with it.

2 Likes

I think Mt.Holyoke is a women’s only college? I could be wrong. But no, I don’t think I considered it. /thoughtful

1 Like

thank you!!! super excited for next week’s decisions (tufts, usc, bu, and probably bc, too.) /warmly

[this is everyone’s reminder to stay tuned for more updates!]

2 Likes

Just fyi, from Mount Holyoke’s website:

As a women’s college that is gender-diverse, we welcome applications from female, transgender and non-binary students.

facepalm at myself whelp! it’s okay, a bit too late to do anything about it. that does serve as a reminder to look carefully next time, though. thank you for letting me know! /warmly, laughing at myself

Wishing you all the best!

Also, if you end up at UMass you can choose to take some courses at Mount Holyoke through the Five College Consortium:
https://www.fivecolleges.edu/.

Though not directly related to your situation, I thought you might find this article of interest:

2 Likes

My daughter loved their equestrian facilities when we visited.

4 Likes

Would riding with the MH team be an option though the consortium if the OP ends up at UMass?

No, but UMass has an active competitive program as well:
https://www.umassequestrianteam.com/.

3 Likes

yup, i plan to ride on their english hunt seat team, if I go to UMass!! I’ll keep you guys posted for next week, first one up is on Tuesday, which is Tufts!! /happily

2 Likes

that article is awesome! i’m NB so that definitely resonates. thank you! /warmly

1 Like

Would you even want Case Western more than the acceptances you already have? Isn’t 650 miles too far from your medical home in Boston?

1 Like

It’s quite far, so I spoke to my parents and they said we’ll withdraw from the waitlist- they said something like this in the letter-

“On April 9, we will send you an email asking if you would like to remain on the wait list. Students who respond in the affirmative will be considered if additional acceptances are granted, and students who respond in the negative or do not respond will be removed from consideration.”

so we’ll say we want to be removed from the waitlist at that point. I have every intention of staying in-state, so CWRU is off the table. plus, it opens up spots for kids who do want to go there, which is the right thing to do. /thoughtful, noting

4 Likes

tufts drops tomorrow. am i nervous? yes. considering it’s my top choice (now), yes. but i’ll go where i’m meant to be. /chaotic nervousness but also everything works out and I’m perfectly happy with UMass so let’s see what happens

3 Likes