Chance me for top CS schools!

@nomansland

I look after the Summer Programs Forum and answer any questions that may arise. I also can remove any nonsensical comments.

ok

Bet that the likely letter is either Harvard or Princeton.

Regardless, congratulations for all the acceptances thusfar!!! Your stats/ECs are the best I’ve ever seen.

@FalconV

I guess you exposed me. Yes, the likely letter was from Harvard! Thanks for your kind words!

1 Like

@GoBears2023 , Good luck tomorrow on your regents interview

UPDATE:

I got this last Friday, but I was waitlisted for CS at UMich. Yield protection maybe?

@Ranipetgirl

Interview is on Friday afternoon. Super nervous but definitely excited!

@GoBears2023, Congrats on Harvard likely letter! How was your USC Explore interview? Good luck for your regents interview.

USC was really fun. I had a blast doing the interview. I got to talk about my current job and research that I will be conducting in the summer! Thanks, I hope the regents interview goes well :smiley:

Congratulations on your harvard likely letter. Good luck friday!

Thanks @Ranipetgirl !

UPDATE:

Rejected to University of Washington for CS. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Quick rundown:

Accepted: USC (Scholarship for trustee’s), Yale (likely call), Purdue, UIUC, UC Berkeley (Regent’s and Chancellor’s), Harvard (likely letter)
Deferred: GaTech
Waitlisted: UMich
Rejected: Cornell, UDub

We’re all across the board.

@GoBears2023 - Congratulations on your awesome acceptances…nicely done sir…respect.

I am surprised with your other results…and frankly it kind of scares me (I am a junior with much less stats record as compared to you) because the ones rejected/deferred you were my main targets. It kind of shows the complexity of admission process - you getting admitted to some univ with admit rates <6% but rejected by others with higher admit rates is confusing. Is it just protecting the yield rate by some of them or they look for something different - we may never know but if you have any insights (lessons learned) do share with us at some point. I am especially intrigued to see what would happen to your deferral from GaTech - they are supposed to value stats/EC’s like yours and you should have been an automatic in EA.

Remember that many colleges do not have a single admissions bucket. CS is often its own (often extremely competitive) admissions bucket, as is being out-of-state at state universities.

So it may not be surprising that a state university with a highly competitive CS major like Washington may be as selective for CS as a super-selective university, even though that state university is significantly less selective in general.

Any final financial packages yet? Seems like some (Purdue, UIUC, GT, Washington) are unlikely to be anywhere close to affordable.

Did you forget this?

Based on your accepted list, seems USC (Scholarship for trustee’s), Yale (likely call), Harvard (likely letter) and Stanford (likely letter) will be your best bet in terms of meeting your financial aid. Most private elite will the meet your FA as opposed to out of state public.

Congratulations @GoBears2023 on your acceptances !
Confused by the deferral/rejections - wonder if this is related to improving their yield rate !

Also UCB (with Regents’ / Chancellor’s scholarship).