Chance me for top CS schools!

@ucbalumnus

Yeah, I don’t know. I’m aware that Stanford has very rich families as well but I felt that everyone there was focused on community building rather than the social hierarchy. Just my personal view on it.

@GoBears2023 thanks for sharing. I’m curious, did Harvard offer a comparable financial package?

@lkg4answers yes, it was a full ride

UPDATE:

Guess who got off the MIT waitlist! :smiley:

1 Like

^ Awesome…Congratulations!! - will you go for MIT or stick with Stanford?
(it seems only 17 people are taken off of waitlist out of 400+)

You might need to change your avatar?! Congrats on MIT!

Congratulations!

UPDATE:

After taking everything into consideration, I have decided to stick with Stanford. Go Cardinals!

2 Likes

@GoBears2023 If ever there was a mis-named user on this site…congratulations! Not surprising you chose what you did since I think you’re from California - Stanford is pretty much the favorite for the top students even at the other end of California. At least in our district.

@youcee

Yeah, I might have to change my username LOL. Yeah, Stanford is just good at everything to put it plainly. Academics, atheltics, connections.

1 Like

Stanford’s athletic team name is singular (Cardinal, not Cardinals). The unofficial mascot is the tree.

A 1975 student vote went in favor of having the Robber Barons be the mascot, but that was refused by the administration.

I remember that. Robber Barons would have been such a cool name. Really has a ring to it.

@ucbalumnus

My bad. In that case, Go Cardinal!

Just a side note, I’ll be including more posts on college reviews like the one I did for Harvard probably next weekend. I’m right now swamped with APs and senior finals! Best of luck to those who are taking APs :smiley:

@GoBears2023 When you go to Stanford, you don’t need to justify to anyone why you chose Stanford over any other schools, especially if you are from CA. My kid didn’t even apply to Harvard after he saw and felt a lot of slurpy snow and wind in January during his visit to Harvard. He likes wearing shorts pants and t-shirt on most days. Also, Cornell is very, very cold (I went there), so you did good choosing Stanford. lol

Looking at your resume, my kid probably will end up working for you in future. lol

@websensation I would take northeast weather over Stanford weather anyday…can’t stand humidity and heat. Snow is fun, cold is great lol

@websensation LOL. I guess it is kinda just like a college review then. Maybe not comparing against Stanford. Thank you for your kind words!

@squ1rrel

I don’t think its really humid at Stanford. At least not compared to where I live.

Bay Area has great weather and is not humid at all.

@GoBears2023 – Count me as one who thinks your reviews of the various colleges you considered are (a) helpful to others and (b) interesting. Like you, my daughter chose Stanford (she will be joining you in Class of 2023!), but agonized over the decision between some great universities. Her other acceptances that she also loved were Princeton, Rice, and Cornell. She has several close friend that were deciding between Stanford and Harvard or Yale and Harvard. The whole decision process was so intense! I appreciate the time you take on CC to share your experiences with others.

@Hamurtle

Gotta love the Cali weather :slight_smile:

@OutlanderFan

Thanks for you kind words! I look forward to possibly meeting her next year then! I’ll be writing all of my reviews over the next week. I’m finally done with school and graduated!