Chance me for transfer admission?

Hello, I’m looking to transfer into UW-Madison for Fall 2018 and would like some opinions on my chances. I’m in my first semester of college right now and I presume that my GPA will end up being 3.0-3.1 by the end of the semester. I’m in nursing right now but I would like to transfer into the College of Agricultural Sciences for Genetics. In high school, I had a 3.4 GPA and was involved in a ton of extracurriculars. I’m also involved in a couple of clubs on campus here as well. The reason why my GPA would be so low is because of the rigorous Anatomy program that is offered here and I had a rough start in the beginning but I’m starting to improve due to learning how to study more properly for the tests. I am 6 hours away from home right now which is why I would love to transfer to UW so I’m only an hour away from home. I’m hoping to have a better GPA at the start of next semester when I try applying by February 1st. What do you think??

Chances seem on the low side. But- you can’t get in if you don’t apply. Be sure to check UW requirements for your proposed major. Be sure you can succeed in required courses. Work hard and bring up those grades for this semester. UW has been competitive so a 3.0 may not be good enough.