Chance Me Please

<p>Applied ED 2
High School: Public Magnet Program STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
Weighted GPA: 4.0
Unweighted GPA: 3.5
Class Rank: top 25%</p>

<p>AP Courses:
AP World History
AP Human Geography
AP Physics B
AP Language and Composition
Ap Environmental Science</p>

<p>Subject I would like to major in: Anthropology (specifying in Archaeology)</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities:
Envirothon Club
National Honors Society
Field Hockey: School Team, Competitive Club Team
Equestrian
Indoor Track
Cycling Club</p>

<p>Leadership Positions:
Secretary of Envirothon, Junior Joggers Camp Counselor, Captain for Field Hockey </p>

<p>Volunteer Work:
- Volunteer Intern at a local non-profit organization that conducts archaeological digs in the area. Completed high school internship in summer of 2010 and college internship in summer of 2011.
- AIPAC (American Israeli Political Affairs Conference)volunteer in Washington D.C. for two years.</p>

<p>ACT Scores:
Composite: 28
English: 28 Math: 27 Reading: 28 Science: 29 Writing/Essay: 10/12</p>

<p>Also I have a family member (cousin) that is a professor at the school</p>

<p>I’d say you’re in there with the slew of people. I was accepted with a 4.0 / 31 ACT and similar EC’s (maybe a bit more).</p>

<p>I had a friend deferred who has a 3.1 / 25 and no EC’s other than Debate and Football</p>

<p>Another of my friends got denied and he is the most involved person at my school, 4.0, 33 ACT, etc. </p>

<p>We all applied EA, so … that shows how crazy admissions can be</p>

<p>We have similar stats! (GPA, Rank) any chance you guys could chance me too?</p>

<p>Same GPA, weighted and unweighted, and same class rank % at the best public school in our area (no private schools around here)
ACT Composite - 32 (E34,M33,R27,S32,W10)
Sports - Varsity Swimming, Varsity Track, and Cross Country
ECs: more focused on philanthropy, community, & service
I had ~200 community service hrs mid Jr. year, so maybe 250+ now
NHS
Full IB Diploma (extended essay, CAS hours, etc)
Early Decision Round 2 (to Colorado College, of course)</p>

<p>Interest/intended major - economics/business</p>

<p>Asian/Male/17 yrs old</p>

<p>:D</p>

<p>To the OP : I think you stand a great chance, and good luck! CC seems like a good fit. Hopefully we both get in.</p>

<p>Thanks and sorry for thread-jacking!</p>