Chance me please......

<p>California Hispanic male from public school</p>

<p>GPA - Unwt: 3.75; wt: 4.10; CP wt: 4.25
Class Rank: district don’t rank
ACT: 33
SAT II Math II: 740, SAT II Biology - M: 750, SAT II Chemistry: 750
AP : Euro Hist -3, Cal AB – 5, Chem – 4, Bio – 4, Lit - 4</p>

<p>EC:
CM Level 9 in Piano and Music Theory, played piano since 7.
Year round USS swimmer 8 years.
Certified Red Cross Lifeguard 2 years
Paying job as tutor & swim instructor 2 years</p>

<p>Leadership positions: Bible School Lead Consoler for the past 3 years. Science Alliance founder, president & mentor 2 years. Volunteer hours: 200 + hours. </p>

<p>Athletic: NCS scholar athlete - Varsity swimmer 4 years. JV& Varsity water polo 2 years. NCS regional ranked swimmer.</p>

<p>Awards:
Regional science fair biochemistry category 1st place winner.
National Hispanic Scholar.
AP Scholar with Distinction.</p>

<p>College Summer programs:
UC Berkeley ATDP writing class. Community College Intermed. Algebra Class. Community College Biotech summer camp.</p>

<p>Potential Major: Biotechnology or Biological Science</p>

<p>College List:
Johns Hopkins University
UC Berkeley
UCLA
UC San Diego
UC Davis
UC Irvine
Cal Poly</p>

<p>Hola, anyone???</p>

<p>Hi sms,
I don’t generally do chances. I assume you have a pretty good idea for the UCs and Cal Poly (SLO?) since they tend to be by the numbers??</p>

<p>Thanks Entomom again. I am aware of the #s that UCs uses. I am curious about my ECs whether they carry any wt.? Should I apply to ASU before receiving the invitations (NHRP scholarship) to apply from them?</p>

<p>You’ve got solid chances everywhere. Because the UCs do not practice affirmative action, you might have a slightly better chance at Stanford than at Berkeley. (If Stanford interests you.)</p>

<p>Thanks Silverturtle. Would love to apply to Stanford but can’t afford it. Don’t quite qualify for aids. I would like to go graduate school so have to be careful about not spending too much for undergrad.</p>

<p>Are you considering grad school (MS or PhD) or a professional degree (MBA, Law, MD, etc.)? Just asking as the former are often supported by tuition waivers and teaching or research assistantships, while the latter rarely get financial support.</p>

<p>Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a wonderful thing that you’re considering the financial aspect of college along with academics, better to do that now then after decisions and FA offers are made.</p>

<p>I assume you’re looking at some of the merit aid at JHU. There are other schools that you might also consider for merit money: BU, Rice, WUSTL, UChicago, Emory, USC, Brandeis, Tulane, etc.</p>

<p>It could be either MS or MD; thanks for the info about tuition waivers and teaching or research assistantships. About merit aid, I’m looking at ASU, should I submit the application before receiving the invitations to apply for Nat. hispanic scholars? Thanks again.</p>

<p>Good idea to be conservative with the money if you’re possibly looking at Med school, my D1 is doing the same.</p>

<p>About ASU, I’m actually not sure when you should apply. You might want to give them a call and see how they deal with NHRP scholars. Sorry I can’t be of more help, maybe a current or past scholar has info, you might want to post on one of the active NHRP threads.</p>