Chance me plz ! ! !

<p>Hi ,
I have still to complete a few things for my college app , but the stats provided are the predicted ones and i am also pretty sure about them . </p>

<p>International student , ASIA </p>

<p>S.A.T : 1850 ( M:7oo , CR:63o )</p>

<p>S.A.T lls : maths 750 , physics 740
...............................</p>

<p>High school :-
My high school doesnt score us on 4.0 sale gpa , we have percentages! And conversion to of %age to gpa is probably not a great idea because this doent do justice with the grades . </p>

<p>CLASS RANK : top 4 % in 9th and 1oth grade ... And top 2% in 11th and 12th grade . Top Position holder through out high school </p>

<p>.......................................</p>

<p>EXTRA-CURRICULARS:-</p>

<p>» table tennis at local club ( 2005-present)
» swimming at local club( 2010-11 )
» squash at a local club ( 2oo8-o9)
» 1 month industrial internship - 1oth grade
» 1 month industrial internship - 11th grade
» 1 month industrial internship - 12th grade
»kangroo maths contest -3rd position holder in region
»tutor maths on weekends </p>

<p>.......................................</p>

<p>COMMUNITY SERVICE :- </p>

<p>¤ worked in hospital for a month , an hour a day after school in both 11th and now in 12th grade</p>

<p>¤ i also help sermonizer of a nearby mosque in organizing things </p>

<p>¤ most people of my country earn less than a dollar a day , literacy rate is damn low , so i help kids( financially not so strong ) with studies whenever i am free </p>

<p>Remember i am an international student and need cladid opinions </p>

<p>Thanks in advance !</p>

<p>*<strong><em>UPDATE *</em></strong></p>

<p>TOEFL SCORE : 90+
I want to study engineering … Bs.ME</p>

<p>I have two children at VT engineering so I’ll take a shot for you. I think your numbers and ECs are excellent and put you where you need to be.</p>

<p>The difficult part is that you are international and I’m not sure how that plays into the equation. I would recommend a call to VT admissions. I’m sure they have someone assigned to recruiting internationally and ask them.</p>

<p>This info may help but it says very little about foreign students:
[Admissions</a> | Institutional Research & Effectiveness Home | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/demo_enroll/admission/studentAdmission.html]Admissions”>http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/demo_enroll/admission/studentAdmission.html)</p>

<p>Also check out mychances dot net. May or may not be relevant to international students.</p>

<p>I also would emphasize how you help the less fortunate with their studies in your essays. The school motto is “Ut Prosim” (That I may serve) and they take it very seriously.</p>

<p>Good luck and I hope that was helpful</p>

<p>Bump …
C’mon guys i need more comments !</p>