Chance me Purdue Biomedical Engineering

from Michigan
GPA: 3.5 UW 4.1W ( we don’t have pluses or minuses, which hurts me cause all my B’s are B+'s)
Took a very rigorous course load at a renowned private school

AP’s taken/ taking: AB/Bc Calc, Psych, APUSH, BIO, Chem, Gov
IB’s: Organic Chem, TOK, Physics, Precalc
Total Honors/IB/AP: 16

ACT: 34(34,35,33,33 writing: 8)
Math 2: 770
Bio:660 not sending

EC: Volunteering: 350 in total (200 working in a hospital)(100 helping underprivileged children in India)(50 peer tutoring)(50 work in many of my clubs)

3 years JV tennis–> 1yrs JV captain

4 years V Track–> 2yrs Leadership Council

MIT Inspire finalist (top 100 out of 5k)( contest involving subjects in the humanities)- I presented a paper i wrote about Pablo Escobar and Drug Trade

Co-Founder of UNICEF Club–> 2-year member

GYLI Club(Global Youth Leadership Initiative)–> group leader --> 4-year member

Newspaper Club–> 4 year member–> editor for two years(Section then Senior Editorial Board)–> we got top 50 newspaper in the country

Summer Job at Kumon, tutored kids in math and reading

Shadowing a nephrologist

Attended the NYU Lead(SBI) Business summer program (I am creating an app with my cohort, it’s about mental health)

Research Assistant in a University level Lab that worked on diabetes, and schizophrenic people

Project Break The Cycle: I joined a business with my friends, it is a non-profit that sends money to orphanages in Libya. We sell T-shirts and hoodie, and I am a marketing officer.

Male, Indian, Middle Class, top 20% of my class about 30-35 out of 180( we don’t have official rankings), Detorit,Michigan

Rec Letters: above average, One teacher know me really well and will give a great rec the other knows me pretty well as well
Essays: above average

Interested in BME/Business Administration

bump

At a recent visit , Purdue rep stated that if gpa of freshman year is a 3.2 ( Purdueclasses) ) you are guaranteed to get your chosen. Major. FYE or first year engineering will present all types of engineering and then you request your major to complete your degree, beginning sophomore year.

As you probably know already @babzy1 you will definitely get in. Your stats are way on the high end of Purdue’s range for admitted students. Check the CDS.

It’s very hard to gauge if you would get into BME. When you are admitted to Purdue, you are admitted to FYE, or First Year Engineering. You learn all disciplines of engineering, and in freshman year, second semester, you apply for the engineering school you would like. Only about 75 students get admitted to BME per year, based on FYE GPA. Good luck! (since this is an older post, you may already have found this out!)