Chance me

I am applying for economics as my primary major, with sociology as my alternate. I have a 3.48 weighted Cal Poly GPA (4.00 GPA junior year semester 2), with a 34 ACT (35E, 33M, 35R, 32S). I have had a lot of trouble finding admissions stats for each major so I’m curious if sociology is considered a soft major at SLO if econ is too hard. Also I submitted my application about a week ago. Does turning in the application earlier help my chances? Thanks.

Have you calculated your MCA points? Post #52. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/1694769-confused-about-mca-score-p4.html

Your ACT is very competitive but your GPA is well below the averages for the College of Business (Econ) of 4.12 and College of Liberal Arts of 4.04 (Sociology).

Target projection acceptance rates for Sociology (24%) and Econ (16%).

I think your GPA will be an issue make SLO more of a Reach than a Match.

Submitting your application early does not give you any advantage. Make sure you have some solid Match and Safety schools on your list and best of luck.

Thanks, Cal Poly is probably the toughest school I’m applying to so I was curious. I will take a look at my MCA score.