Chance my daughter

GPA is unreliable. Standardized tests are, if nothing else. reliable. If you applying from OOS and your GPA is high relative to standardized test, try to improve the score on the standardized test. That is a simple way to improve odds, not a criticism of the high school.

In general, a very competitive high school will produce a relatively low class rank, low GPA, and high standardized test score. A non-competitive high school will produce a high GPA, high class rank, and low standardized test score.

Remember- the AP exam test counts- do the A’s mean 5’s? Or lesser scores? UW will not value your Florida HS as much as your state will. The SAT score is low- retake for a better chance.

@jhmoney My S’19 is an OOS freshman at Wisconsin. He had a 3.91 UW GPA, 28 ACT, 4 APs (Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, and Chinese) and was in the top 10% of his class. He visited twice and fell in love with UW. He nailed the “Why Wisconsin” essay which I think gave him the nod in a competitive applicant pool in which his test score was below average. If your daughter wants to be a Badger, I would recommend a strong Wisconsin essay and consider retesting, if possible, as knowledgeable posters have recommended…

She was accepted!

@jhmoney Congratulations!!!

thxx