Chances at GW Poly Sci?

Objective:
SAT I: 1520 (760 math, 760 reading
ACT: 33 (34 english, 34 math, 34 reading, 31 science)
SAT II: 710 Math II, 720 Lit
Unweighted GPA: 3.92/4.0
Weighted GPA: 4.54/5.0
AP: Macroeconomics (5), Microeconomics (5), Language (5), Stats (4), Environmental Science (4), Calc BC (3)
Senior Year Course Load: AP Bio, AP Lit, AP Spanish, AP Psych, AP Com Sci A (online)
Awards: National Merit Commended Scholar, Columbia Book Award, AP Scholar with Distinction, National Spanish Exam Bronze Medalist, National Honors Society

Subjective:
Extracurriculars: XC Captain (4 years), English tutor for immigrants, President of Earth Club, VP of Community Educated to Unite Youth Club (basically an anti-bullying and diversity advocate in elementary schools, counselor at a camp for people with disabilities, piano for 13 years
Job/Work Experience: Tutoring (if that counts), 40-hr/week summer job as a sales associate
Teacher Recommendation #1: 8/10
Teacher Recommendation #2: 8/10
Counselor Rec: 10/10 (My former track coach, we’re close)
Additional Info/Rec: 10/10 (XC coach, loves me)

Writing (Subject, 1-10 rating, details):
Common App: wrote about my obsession with control and how that was a product of growing up with an abusive parent, how I’ve learned to “let go”, I’d say 9/10

Other:
U.S. State/Territory or Country: MA
School Type: Suburban public school, very competitive
Ethnicity: white
Income Bracket Range: 130K+ (did not apply for financial aid)
Hooks: none

have you shown interest in the school, or is this just a safety for you? Your stats are more than fine, but in any of your application did you indicate why you want to study poly sci.?

@sdl0625 is exactly right- your stats look like you could get into even better schools. So if GW is something you really want, you’ll have to make sure to convince the admissions folks that you’re serious about GW and it’s not just a safety.