Chances at Wisconisn and U of M

<p>I am a Junior in Michigan
I am a white male.
27 on the ACT.
3.9 Unweigted GPA.
3.96 weighted.
I have taken several AP classes.
I should have great essays and teacher recomendations.
Looking to apply to the college of Nursing.
Have family members that are nurses.
I should be a NHS student next year.
Over 50 hours of community service as of now.
Varsity Track athlete.
Teach 4th grade catechism.
Great letter of recomendation from the catechism administrator.
Spanish Club and S.E.A. member.
Lastly, I will apply early.
If you guys can give me my chances, it would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>I would say in at both. Retake your ACT if you want to be completely sure, but I'd say 90% at UW and 98% UM.</p>

<p>Also note that you get accepted to the university as a whole. Later, you apply to the school of nursing, which can be competitive. Read the UW online catalog for details.</p>

<p>i do not agree with cryto that UM is easier to get in than UW. while UM does put more emphasis on your GPA, they also look at your act score. i would try to get 30 and above, then i would say that you have a good chance to get in.</p>

<p>i also live in michigan and 3.6GPA (low for michigan) and 31 ACT and was admitted to UW but not UM. but overall, you are in a pretty good shape for both.</p>

<p>Michigan might be easier to get into only because the OP is instate for U-M. The question I have is, "Why would you want to go OOS to a school that is not better than your instate school and pay OOS tuition?"</p>

<p>Oh crap I actually mixed up my post. I thought he was referencing University of Minnesota sorry about that haha. Ya I would lower my % on UM to maybe 85% then. It helps a lot that you are in state I think. Sorry for the mix up, I would say it is tougher to get into UM than UW.</p>

<p>U of M commonly means MN here (the Mpls interstate signs use that), UM is Michigan-? Easy to be confused (UW here means Madison, not that other one on the west coast), all a matter of what one is used to.</p>

<p>Ya ok I was pretty sure I had seen U of M mean Minnesota. Ya the only two school I got into were UW's haha. Washington and Wisconsin. Also I have seen UW-M mean Milwaukee which could be confusing to. People should just spell stuff out ;)</p>

<p>No they shouldn't- too many letters. UWM ALWAYS means Milwaukee- no confusion, the flagship gets the simple moniker- UW.</p>

<p>^Yeah. I've never seen UWM mean Madison, and it shouldn't. UWM is Milwaukee, not Madison.</p>

<p>When I see UM or U of M I'm thinking Michigan. I always try to call Minn Uminn for clarity.</p>

<p>All a matter of where you are- not many around here would think Michigan. I have had to clarify which UW on the parents site.</p>