Chances for Early Decision?

I am a high school senior who has applied Early Decision to Virginia Tech’s English program (specifically the Literature and Language major).

-3.9 weighted GPA (I’m not sure of my unweighted)
-First-generation college student
-27 composite ACT
-1090 SAT (510 math, 580 reading) (I got a 740 writing but an admissions officer said that won’t count so I left it out)
-I have not taken any AP classes BUT I have been in advanced/Honors-level courses throughout high school. My school originally had a system of three levels (general, advanced, or AP) but switched in my junior year from advanced to Honors. So my advanced/Honors courses have been English 9, 10, 11, and 12, Biology, Earth Science, Geography, World History, U.S. History, Spanish IV, Spanish V, and Government.
-One letter of recommendation (from an English teacher, which I assume will help since I’m entering the English program)
-Since it didn’t specify “high school activities” on the application, I went ahead and listed everything from middle school up. For this post, I’ll just list my activities from high school: one VHSL one-act play (for which I received a varsity letter as well as an award from my school), one year of Drama Club, one play (co-directed), assisted in a kindergarten class for one year, one summer job, one year of Beta Club, and one year of Spirit Club. In addition to these, I wrote one of my three essays on how I have been assisting with the care of my autistic nephew since he was diagnosed when I was in the ninth grade.

-In-state
-Female (don’t know if that helps since it’s a male-dominated campus)
-Graduating with an advanced diploma

I would be extremely appreciative of anyone who takes the time to give their opinion on my chances of being admitted on Early or Regular Decision. Thanks! :slight_smile: