chances of getting accepted?

Hi I am a high school Junior with a weighted GPA of 3.91 and an unweighted GPA of 3.42. I got a 28 on the Act and have taken 7 AP classes. (My school doesn’t have class rank) I participated in Key club 2 out of my three years so far, have been a part of the student council for all three years, and created my own 501c3 certified nonprofit. I also have an additional 100 hours of volunteering. I assume I have a pretty poor chance of being accepted. Is it even worth it to apply or should I look at other schools?

Not likely. UM is pretty tough to get into and your ACT score is too low.

Also 3.91 weighted is too low. A lot of kids have 4.4-4.6 WGPA

Your chances are not as low as what has been said. You definitely have an ok chance although your stats are on the low side.

Don’t lose hope, I got in EA this year with 3.9 W and similar extracurriculars. Miami looks at the stats, but they’re not all of who you are.

If you can demonstrate that you can have a higher GPA first semester of senior year (3.8-3.9), and increase your ACT to above 30, you’d be much better off. But you’d have to apply regular decision.

@rossbusiness

I’d say the accepted average for weighted is around 4.1. 4.4-4.6 is extremely high, that’s what schools like Northwestern and Vanderbilt look for.