Chances of getting into Texas A&M Corps of Cadets

I know this is an extremely open-ended question and it is not something that can be deciphered by anyone save for the college admissions panel. However, I’m considering applying for Texas A&M, and I’m wondering if I’ll be accepted.I’m definitely up for the challenge of the corps despite my obvious weaknesses, but please tell me what you all think I can do to make my chances greater. I am currently a junior in High School and am a Delaware resident.

Academics ( My Weakest Area)-

Freshman Year I had a 3.7 GPA, the in Sophomore year things went downhill.
I Italian 2 last year and barely passed math by the skin of my teeth, My other classes passed 80’s.
This year (junior year) i am taking Honors Marine Science, Honors Robotics, and CP Chemistry along with Honors American Literature, Honors American History, Army JROTC as a L.E.T 3 platoon sergeant for my class , Italian II, and CP Math. My grades are good in my classes except for Honors Marine Science, Math (got stuck with the same teacher as last year and she does not like me) and Honors American History. I am just barely passing those classes.

Extracurricular:

Volunteer Firefighter/EMT at local fire department and this coming election i am running for Captain.
Jrotc Raider, Color Guard and Drill team
I do MMA and Boxing at the local gym every weekend
I work at the local Brewery as a buss boy and as security during late night hours.
Wrestling (JV)
A lot of JROTC community service events
Living Historian/Reenactor

Accomplishments:
My JROTC unit won the jefferson Award for Community Service
National Academy Of Future Science and Technology Leaders Award Of Excellance Nominee
Governors Youth Volunteer Service Award
Fourth Brigade U.S Army Cadet Command L/CPl Chad Clifton Award Platoon Sergeant of the Year
National Young Leaders State Conference Nominee
Member of 1st in state raider team
Platoon SGT in JROTC as a sophomore and Junior
Senior NCO at Sussex County Young Marines
Attended multiple Young Marines Leadership Academy
Attained the rank of Sergeant at Fire Department
Hundreds of hours of National Certified Firefighter Training at the Delaware Fire School

I have yet to take the SAT or ACT.

My grades are as follows for the first marking period; Honors Marine Science-70 Honors Robotics-80 Honors American History-87 Honors American Literature-70 College Prep Chemistry-95 JROTC Leadership Training and Evaluation- 91 Advanced Algebra with Precalc- 76 Italian II- 70. I know I bit off way more than I could chew last marking period, but this marking period I am determined to raise all of my grades to at least high 80’s or 90’s no matter what it takes. I really think that my downfall with my grades is my inability to stay organized, so that is something I will work on as-well.

One place you can go to get an incite on your chances of getting in is parchment.com. This website gives you a percentage chance of getting into any school based on other peoples information and if they got in or not. Also, Collegeboard.org (SAT Website) gives you an avg. rate o where you stand vs.current students.

With the Corps of Cadets, anyone can really get in. You just have to show interest at your New Student Conference (NSC) once you are admitted. I would try and visit the corps if you can (make it a vacation), I did and it really help solidify my decision to want to go to TAMU.

Good Luck!

Out of state applicants are eligible for academic admission (guaranteed admission). The rank that is used is the end of junior year and scores from SAT/ ACT with writing at one sitting. Here’s the link with more information: http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted
Roughly 85% of the freshman class are automatic admits (top 10% or academic) the rest are review candidates. The scores published in admission stats include full admits & conditional partial admits, so they are not the best for determining your admission chances. Strive for academic admit status, and it will be worth your extra efforts. The Corps has several programs that you can look into - some offer scholarship opportunities. Many OOS students get in state tuition with Corps scholarships. Good luck!