Chances of Virginia Tech Engineering School Acceptance

<p>Hey guys I am a high school senior and have always been interested in the engineering field and love math and science. I want to go to tech for aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering but I'm worried I have no chance. I'd appreciate any opinions!! I guess its also worth it to mention I'm a girl from Central VA </p>

<p>Weighted GPA (up through junior year) : 4.5
Unweighted GPA (up through junior year) : 3.90</p>

<p>AP Classes : Physics, Chemistry, Biology, BC Calculus, Psychology, Spanish (Lang), US History, US Government
College Credits : Intro to Mechanical Engineering (2 credits), Intro to Aerospace Engineering and Technology (2 credits) </p>

<p>Math/Science Related Clubs/Activities : President of Robotics Club, Accepted and Attended Virginia Aerospace Science and Technology Scholars @ NASA, Certified and Employed EMT, Science National Honor Society, Summer Volunteer in hospital engineering department </p>

<p>Other Clubs and Activities In School: Spanish National Honor Society, History National Honor Society, English National Honor Society, National Honor Society, Beta, President of Key Club, President of Philosophy Club, Astronomy Club, 4 years of school soccer, Vice President of SCA</p>

<p>Out Of School : 14 years of soccer, 14 years of dance and gymnastics, 10 years of swim, 8 years of piano, Part Time Job (Only weekends) </p>

<p>Okay so up to this point I think I am pretty qualified but here are the two things that are going to ruin my chances (I'm pretty sure) </p>

<p>SAT Reading : 680
SAT Writing : 670
SAT Math : 600 :( </p>

<p><em>I'm planning to take the SAT one final time as well as the ACT for the first time</em> </p>

<p>The second thing that's probably going to doom me is that in junior year I got a C+ for a semester class of "math modeling" I just hated the class and didn't try but my school does grade on a 6 point scale rather than 10 so it would be a B (which is a little better) but oh well! </p>

<p>Sorry for making this so long but I just wanted to be as thorough as possible! I'd really appreciate some straightforward realistic opinions on my chances of making it! Thanks so much if you actually read this far! :) </p>

<p>you have a great chance. Best of Luck.</p>

<p>I think you need to bring your math SAT score up closer to 700. Everything else looks great. I think the B in math modeling will be okay.</p>