Chances on CS, DS or IS major

Demographics

• international student *
  • State/Location of residency: currently x living at us
  • Type of high schoolboarding school:
  • Gender/Race/Ethnicity female/asian:
  • Other special factors (first generation to college, legacy, athlete, etc.):

Intended Major(s) - question 1 : On what major would I be most competitive at? Computer science(which I also know it would be less likely), computer engineering, data science, information systems

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: 4.6 out of 5.0 (very competitive school tho)
  • Weighted HS GPA (incl. weighting system): we dont have them
  • Class Rank: dont know, average is between 3.8~4.1 but they don’t tell us exactly
  • ACT/SAT Scores: act 35

Coursework
(AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes, AP/IB scores for high school; also include level of math and foreign language reached and any unusual academic electives; for transfers, describe your college courses and preparation for your intended major(s))
Ap macroeconomics -4
Ap calculus BC - 5

Currently took
Ap physics 1, both physics c, Microeconomics, statistics, lang, computer science
Scores not ready tho
Awards
Acsl
Aime

Extracurriculars
(Include leadership, summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)
School president
Did internship at local university lab at 10th grade
Volunteering at local school to teach students
Hackathon
Three papers related to machine learning and data science

Schools
(List of colleges by your initial chance estimate; designate if applying ED/EA/RD; if a scholarship is necessary for affordability, indicate that you are aiming for a scholarship and use the scholarship chance to estimate it into the appropriate group below)

• Safety (certain admission and affordability)
  • Likely (would be possible, but very unlikely or surprising, for it not to admit or be affordable)
  • Match
  • Reach

Actually I’m not sure which college to apply
CONSIDERING :

purdue,cmu, Cornell, Texas Austin, uiuc, UC schools like Berkeley, etc.

Please tell me the percentage on which school to apply at ED or recommend me one

The UC’s are test blind through the 2025 admission cycle, so your excellent ACT score will not be considered. The UC’s also only consider 10-11th grades for the a-g course requirements in their GPA calculation and will only weight (Honors points) for UC approved Honors courses (CA HS students only), AP/IB or DE (UC Transferable).

UC’s will consider all 3 GPA’s so here is the calculator: GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub

As an International applicant, make sure full pay at $65K/year to attend is affordable to your family since the UC’s offer little to no financial aid.

1 Like

Thx for the calculator
Do you know anything about EDs? Cuz I need to finalize mine but dont know what would be my fit…

For ED, it should be your top choice school and be affordable. You do not mention your college budget, if you are looking for need-based and/or merit aid which could influence your ED decision.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.