chances...REALLY bad stats

<p>Hi guys, I need some serious help here!
I'm an Indian male trying for Purdue U. I got REALLY LOW STATS.
I'm trying for Aerospace Engineering. I attended an Indian school which neither ranks nor has a GPA like all other Indian schools.
Here are my stats : -</p>

<p>Grade 9 : 80%ish
Grade 10 : 83.4%
Grade 11 : 65%
Grade 12 : 76.7%</p>

<p>SAT : .C.Reading - 560, Math - 610, Writing - 540(I know, I know)</p>

<p>OK Recom. letters, not much ECs and can put up an OK Essay.</p>

<p>What do you guys say? Do I ever apply to this University??
Or Do I retake the Jan 26 SATs...</p>

<p>Is anyone there?</p>

<p>slipknot_rocks, it's Christmas day, probably most people are spending time with their families.</p>

<p>By looking at the Purdue</a> admissions website you can see stats on this</a> year's freshman class. You'll see the following:</p>

<p>Average high school GPA: 3.5
Middle 50% SAT range: 1020-1250 (M+CR)</p>

<p>Your grades are low, as you mention, but your SAT scores are in the middle 50%. Students in all engineering disciplines begin with a first-year engineering curriculum and don't choose specialties until after their first year.</p>

<p>I mentioned this link in another thread. I'll type it here :
"This is the link I found in Duke's site for Indian % to US GPA conversion:
<a href="http://www.gradschool.duke.edu/about_us/directors_of_graduate_studies/administrative_documents/Credentials.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.gradschool.duke.edu/about_us/directors_of_graduate_studies/administrative_documents/Credentials.pdf&lt;/a>
Do you think the same would apply for Under Grads?"</p>

<p>bump!!!!!!</p>

<p>Just applied!
I somehow have this bad feeling that I might just get rejected :confused: :(.</p>

<p>Don't worry, you'll be fine :-) Almost 80% of the students who apply gets accepted.</p>

<p>dude youre getting, I'm an Indian male and I got into Krannert Business School with a 1720. Dont worry, the thing is..do you actually wanna go here?</p>

<p>Yeah! Its pretty good for Aerospace, right?</p>

<p>Really good actually. </p>

<p>Note : Purdue has produced the highest number of astronauts than any other university.</p>

<p>@slipknocks</p>

<p>Dont u study at all man?? even a sleepy pie will get 65% in11th even w/o studyin at all!</p>

<p>65% is like just .......i dont even have words!</p>

<p>sorry if I was rude, but really 65% will kill u badly!</p>

<p>If you are talkin 'bout 65% in an American High School, OK I agree with you. But 65% in CBSE....dats sorta hard. Especially after we have a huge increase of syllabus form 10th to 11th. You see, I am talkin 'bout Indian syallabus...not American system.
We both have totally different systems.
Oh, btw I called Purdue University ISS and asked them which years matter. They said 10th is most important followed by 12th! What my grades meant in US GPA?
74% to 85% = A- grade. So, I have an A- average!!</p>

<p>Now whaddaya guys think? Will I get in with this?</p>

<p>man Iam from CBSE too!</p>

<p>and still 65% totally suck.</p>

<p>you're in I would think</p>

<p>In purdue everyone has a chance, if you have not yet applied i suggest apply real soon because my counselor mentioned to me that now is the time the admissions get really selective about the students. </p>

<p>If you have applied then send them a email (no one will answer the phone till the 16th) and ask what the status is. </p>

<p>And the score gradings that u have mentioned vary from each university. Because the top universities receive a lot of Indian applicants they might have a real high cut of but some follow the WES system of grading and give 60+ as A (which I don't trust, coz however hard the CBSE is i dont think that 60+ qualifies as an A otherwise everyone will be getting A's in all their subjects)</p>

<p>But in the case of Purdue I think your scores are high in the 9th, 10th and 12th but the 11th is on par with what they usually receive. So u have a good chance of getting in. </p>

<p>Best of luck.</p>

<p>PS: I also follow the CBSE</p>

<p>Dude... I think you will get in to the college, dont knw bout the scholarships and money if ure interested. Check the requirements for the aerospace program thing though...</p>

<p>PS: i had the CBSE sys when i was in india</p>

<p>I think everyone must realize that the Aerospace Engineering department in Purdue is really highly reputed. </p>

<p>After MIT the most numbers students accepted my NASA are the Purdue graduates from Aerospace Engineering. It is interesting to note that even Stanford and Cornell have lesser number of students going on to work at NASA than Purdue has graduated to work in those universities. </p>

<p>I feel that even though Purdue is ranked below Georgia Tech and UMich in the Aerospace rankings it is actually better than them overall in the field. It is just that when it comes to research and overall acceptance of students that it kinda loses out to both the above mentioned universities. </p>

<p>But you must remember that the Aerospace Engineering program in Purdue is a really strenuous course. Purdue Engineering in general is really really intensive - Aerospace Engineering being one of its most intensive engineering courses and the overall engineering has a drop out rate of over 35%. </p>

<p>But the main reason that Purdue accepts everyone is because they believe in giving quality education to all students.</p>

<p>Had Purdue become more selective in its admission process then it would easily feature in the Public Ivy's and would be an overall top 30 school in the US News Rankings. </p>

<p>Purdue is a really good engineering school and one of the best schools for Aerospace Engineering and I would suggest anyone applying to Aerospace Engineering to make sure that they apply to Purdue.</p>

<p>According to U.S. News, the Engineering school at Purdue is ranked 8th in the nation. The Aerospace Engineering program is ranked 4th. So yea, Purdue is a damn good engineering school.</p>

<p>Get your Transcripts evaluated by WES. They consider anything above 60 as A. Your grades aren't that low- fine for prude.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies guys.</p>